Video Games

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cant believe there are people who actually still enjoy Black Ops......lamest, most over-the-top twitch shooter that requires zero strategy or teamwork and whose servers are full of screaming foul-mouthed 12 year olds! It also had so many bugs when it came out it wasnt funny - one of the worst games on release day in a long time, yet the fanbois still flock to the franchise simply because its CoD. WAW was actually a good game but Black Ops? I got sick of it after prestiging about 4 or 5 times.

The video of the new COD looks pretty over the top once again....think I'll give it a miss and put all my efforts into BF3, Uncharted3 and Elder Scrolls Skyrim.

As for other shooters I have been enjoying this year:

Killzone3 (best FPS this year, PS3 only though)
SOCOM
Op Flashpoint: Red River
Red Dead Redemption (this game is a must if you havent played it)

Rage looks good, but a bit too similar to Borderlands for my liking and I dont really feel like playing a Borderlands clone having played through twice on that game.

Just a question, stuck on a stage in black ops where you have to protect a building. Spent 30 mins blasting away enemy but they just keep coming over & over again (I turned it off as I figured there is either a glitch or I am not doing something right). Anyone know the stage and have an idea?

Is that one of the earlier stages? It was a year ago I played it, but remember something like that happening in the Cuban / Kill Castro level. It was bugged for me so had to restart that stage.
From memory you need to get to a gate to the left out the front of the building.

Another vote for Battlefield 3. Pre-ordered the limited edition. I played the open beta last week and it was fantastic.
I was fairly disappointed with Black Ops multiplayer (compared to the previous CoDs), so I'm gonna wait and see with MW3.

Also heard good things about Deus Ex Human Evolution. And if you liked Fallout 3 (one my all time fav's) get Fallout: New Vegas. Essentially the same with a few tweaks.

Great thread idea Tony.

Recently got a replacement PS3 after my first one fucked out about 12 months ago via YLOD... was devo. Recent price drop got me back in as $299 was the right price.

GTAIV ruined all other games for me... absolute perfection in gaming. Also played about half of Metal gear Solid 4, good mix of movie and game. Now playing through both GTA episodes and online Black OPs, but get the shits with the unbalanced nature of gear upgrading in Black OPs... so play alot of Pure Deathmatch with usually gives me a K/D ratio of +1, now i'm getting used to the maps. Got myself one of these;

pssplash.jpg

which makes FPS so much more accurate... could never quite get the hang of FPS using a PS controller.
Edit: there is also an XBOX version

Next game will be Battlefield 3, looks a good game. Used to play alot of PC BF2, so BF3 on console is the natural progression.

My PS Network ID is Argon5000.

Just a question, stuck on a stage in black ops where you have to protect a building. Spent 30 mins blasting away enemy but they just keep coming over & over again (I turned it off as I figured there is either a glitch or I am not doing something right). Anyone know the stage and have an idea?

It's not the one in Vietnam is it? Took me forever to work out I had to kick the drums of Napalm onto them to stop them from coming in waves.

Next game will be Battlefield 3, looks a good game. Used to play alot of PC BF2, so BF3 on console is the natural progression.
I wouldn't suggest BF3 on console. 32 player maps is going to really let down the battle field experience, PC however, will have 64 player maps, jets, ect. I used to play BF2 on PC also, so i've got high hopes for BF3 after the FPS market has been flooded with crap lately. Sadly, after playing the beta, it seems like its going to be a watered down BF2 with better graphics.

Great thread idea Tony.

Recently got a replacement PS3 after my first one fucked out about 12 months ago via YLOD... was devo. Recent price drop got me back in as $299 was the right price.

GTAIV ruined all other games for me... absolute perfection in gaming. Also played about half of Metal gear Solid 4, good mix of movie and game. Now playing through both GTA episodes and online Black OPs, but get the shits with the unbalanced nature of gear upgrading in Black OPs... so play alot of Pure Deathmatch with usually gives me a K/D ratio of +1, now i'm getting used to the maps. Got myself one of these;

pssplash.jpg

which makes FPS so much more accurate... could never quite get the hang of FPS using a PS controller.
Edit: there is also an XBOX version

My PS Network ID is Argon5000.

How does the mouse work? I've looked at these types of things before and all of the reviews complain about movement being jerky as the games are not designed for mouse movements. I prefer mouse and kb for FPS but have gotten used to the controller over time

Movement is smooth enough for me. Mouse replaces the right stick and the buttons are accessible by your thumb, which is easier access than the dualshock. Can quickly get on target easy enough. In game i have the look sensitivity maxed out and it works fine... you can tweak the settings with the PC UI if it doesn't suit. I still sit on the couch in front of the TV. Just use a bit of foam core stuff (model making supplies) on the lap for a hard surface for the mouse.

Only thing is R3 (knife in Black OPs) is activated by depressing the mouse wheel, which can be tricky in a rush.

Any one got suggestions for games?
I'm not really a gamer but I somehow have bought a Wii, Xbox 360 (250gig) Kinect, PS3 (I think 60gig - the old shape one) but I have SFA games which is probably the main reason I dont use it.

Any one got suggestions for games?
I'm not really a gamer but I somehow have bought a Wii, Xbox 360 (250gig) Kinect, PS3 (I think 60gig - the old shape one) but I have SFA games which is probably the main reason I dont use it.

chip your wii and you will be able to get as many games as your internet quota allows ;)

it really depends on what kind of games you like as to what I'd recommend

I'm big on Minecraft at the moment.

It's been giving me a much needed break between World of Warcraft and Counterstrike.

Looking forward to Skyrim to hit the shelves next month!

Forza 4. Picked it up yesterday afternoon and finished a session with a brand new DB-9. Ran a hotlap on the Top Gear track in under 1.30 in the HSV 427, so also proved you can drink and drive - at home at least!!

i'm a massive RPG nerd, hell, i still play dungeons and dragons most friday nights.

at the moment i'm playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution on my 360. bloody amazing, it took a while to get into it but at a certain point the story line really sucks you in.
i'm also playing on my PC (don't shoot me) Sims: medieval which is pretty fun but also pretty repeatative.

recently got over a minecraft addiction, thank god

I'm looking forward to Skyrim as well but can't decide between PC and xbox versions, i have not played an elder scrolls game since morrowind so it'll bring back a few fond memories

i'm a massive RPG nerd, hell, i still play dungeons and dragons most friday nights.

at the moment i'm playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution on my 360. bloody amazing, it took a while to get into it but at a certain point the story line really sucks you in.
i'm also playing on my PC (don't shoot me) Sims: medieval which is pretty fun but also pretty repeatative.

I'm looking forward to Skyrim as well but can't decide between PC and xbox versions, i have not played an elder scrolls game since morrowind so it'll bring back a few fond memories

Use to like RPG, Was a big fan of Baldurs Gate series when it came out but have found nothing to my liking ever since.
Anything you could recommend, started Morrowind but just couldn't get into it.

Cheers
Chris

Use to like RPG, Was a big fan of Baldurs Gate series when it came out but have found nothing to my liking ever since.

Cheers
Chris

I was the same with Fallout3.....just couldnt get into it. I'm hoping Skyrim sparks my interest, it looks damned good and the drop in/drop out MP action is apparently great in the previous games.

Last RPG I got into was Borderlands, more of a FPS:RPG, unlike the traditional RPG's which are typically 3rd Person. Maybe you would like Rage? Personally I'd hang out for Skyrim though

Cheers
Chris

never winter nights 2 is pretty good and so is the dragon age series. i was a massive fan of bulders gate and icewind dale as well

I've been a massive Elder Scrolls fan since the early days - loved Oblivion and Bethesda are a great studio (Fallout has great storylines). If you liked morrowind, you should like Skyrim. It's going to be early Elder Scroll + steroids.....

I find the PC versions of these games a lot easier to use than console versions. Might be just me.....

And minecraft addictions.......I hear ya, bro. My name is Matt and I'm a cube-a-holic...

getphotoashxp.jpg

get forza 4, we have beer themed Holden HSV w427's

Got it sorted.
Seems the bloke I was supposed to protect & who opens a door to go to the next stage died right at the check point.
So every time I start at that checkpoint or resume game he is not there to open the door hence not being able to go on any further. Had to restart the entire level lol

Latest posts

Back