vicbrew 2018 _ aabc 2018

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else missing a scoresheet, I wouldn't usually worry but my missing score was the average of the other two which placed me 3rd equal or forth? Not sure how count back worked their?

Not sure how the count back works, but Im pretty sure all (or most) panels had two judges. I think the scores out of 50 for each judge are extrapolated to to get a score out of 150.

For example my scores were 44 and 38 and I have a total score of 123

44+38 = 82
82 / 2 = 41
41 x 3 = 123

I assume this is the case - but I hope one of the Vicbrew committee will confirm.

A queued judging system was used this year using judging pairs. Depending on the size of the category up to 4 pairs of judges were used.

Just wondering how the countback system works? As example in Belgian Ale 1 & 2 places rated the same at 127.5 points and 3 & 4 also the same at 126. Cheers in advance.

Assuming Vicbrew follows same rules as AABC....I find this on the AABC rules

D8. Tied scores. In the event of tied scores in determining the first three placegetters,
placings will be resolved either by the judging panel during judging or using a progressive
countback until the tie is resolved based on: a) highest score for Overall Impression; b)
highest score for Flavour; c) lowest range of individual judge scores (smallest spread of
scores across panel); d) the judging panel will be requested to resolve the tie.

Latest posts

Back