• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

[vic] - Giant Whisks For Aeration

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brettprevans

HB so good, it will raise the dead
Reaction score
Im not really selling anything but can get my hands on a heap of giant whisk things, like this. great for aerating wort. just slot it into an electic drill and your away!!!

They are stainless and this guy makes them. $40 each.

Im not a dime on these mearly offering to buy them of a guy my parent deal with (they are in hospitality) and pass them on. My parents actualy use one of these for making batter etc on mass.

Im closing the order off on Sunday so he can deliver next week before he goes on holidays.

EDIT: Mods - sorry can you change thread title to '[vic] - For Sale Giant Whisks For Aeration'. thanks

Citymorgue, hats off to you for your efforts in organising a buy.

But, since you are parting with money for airation, have you considered an airstone and airpump? You can sterile filter this air rather than standing over your brew with a whisk.

IMHO, an airstone is preferable to a whisk.

A whisk will do the job, as many people have used them.

Great Idea CM2. I'd be interested in it if i didnt no chill.

A simple lift and heavy decant of half the cube. Then reseal and shake the living hell out of the rest. Seems to work out well for my aeration needs.

Ive also thought amout using a paint stirrer.... hmmm

i have considered the airpump/stone. I just figured that a giant whisk would be quicker and do a better job. If im wrong, then id happily part with my cash for a stone instead.

Edit:
im inteersted in people's comments if they have any. Also just to clarify. this isnt just a normal whisk with a long handle. diameter of the wisk is about 15cm. My old man uses one to make 20L batches of batter. As Ive said above, if we are better of forgetting the idea let me know.

i have considered the airpump/stone. I just figured that a giant whisk would be quicker and do a better job. If im wrong, then id happily part with my cash for a stone instead.

There was a link posted recently on an "aeration" Thread and it showed data to support that manuel (shaking of the fermenter) aeration was far better over airstone + pump to airate wort. So I would say go for it.
I will do a seach and see what I can find.

Steve

ahh the old AIRation. speeling huh.

might be this thread. i'll have a read. Thanks steve

I recently bought a plastic beer paddle from G&G linky for this purpose - fits straight in the cordless drill and VRRROOOM, aeration without effort in 20-30 seconds.

The thing bends around a bit until you get the knack; a plastic spoon would probably work fine too.

Your thinking is sound; these whisks would work nicely. Just a bit pricier, and essentially a single-purpose item in the brewery.

PS: used to use a pump and airstone, but too much friggin around, too slow, and too hard much extra cleaning.

well i can always see if he'll drop thre price more more ordrers. he asked howmany iwould want and i told him 5,. i have no idea of howmany people would be ineterested,. Maybe ill tae acamera out to myt old mans ship and take spome vieoe of him making batter to show.

Im getting one if nothing else then to experiment with.

When SWMBO sees that thing in the end of an electric drill she will start running I'll bet :eek:

Hey CM2 what about SS Mash paddles?

Altho i own a handheld electric mixer with small whisk,I prefer to use a Tee tube with the smaller horizontal tube connected to a 6" tubing secured upright to the uppermost major tube in a venturi fashion...a multi perforated smaller diameter Cu tube at the end of delivery also does well

ive decided to get a whisk and test it out. Ive got 1 other order so i'll place that. The guy only has 2 in stock after all that.

something to think about for the future if anyone's interested.

BB now closed.

PS re ss mash paddles. Wayne @ Beerbelly does ss paddles for $60. I wouldnt really want to cut into his business without seeing if he wanted to supply a BB of paddles. But im already doing this BB and bulk honey purchase so thats enough for me for now. someone can feel free to inquire if they want.

Back