(vic) British Ales Comp

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brendo

Tap-whore
Reaction score
med_gallery_7217_755_48783.jpg

The Melbourne Brewers are once again running the British Ales competition at Oscars Alehouse, 7 Bayview Road Belgrave, Victoria (Melways Ref75 G10) on Sunday 15th May 2010 from 1:30pm. Entries close 12pm Saturday 7th May 2010 for nominated drop off points, but entries will be accepted on the day at the venue.

The categories for this year are:

Category 1 : Mild, Northern English Brown, Irish Red and Scottish Ale (80/-)
Category 2: Ordinary bitter, Best bitter and Extra Special Bitter

All first place getters in each Category will be presented with a trophy, with certificates supplied for secone and third.

Entry fees are $7 per entry, with a discount to $6 for Melbourne Brewers members.

Entry Process

As we did last year, and also with Beerfest this year, we will be utilising our online entry system to process entries. This competition will only be open to entries submitted online.

To enter this year's competition, please visit British Ales Competition and record your entries online - full entry instructions are on the site. Entries recorded with the site can then be dropped off at any of the following locations:

The Brewers Den
Grain & Grape
Greensborough Homebrewing
On the day at Oscar's Alehouse in Belgrave (by 1pm)

Please note that there will be NO entry forms available at the entry points and ALL entries must be lodged via the competition site - homebrew shops will not be accepting entry payments. Entries through homebrew shops must be lodged by no later than 12pm on May 7, 2010. Entries to submitted after this should be presented at the competition on the day, ready for judging at 1:30pm.

All visitors welcome, come and sample the range of great microbrewed beers available on tap at Oscar's Alehouse. We look forward to seeing you on the day!!

Brendan Guild
The Melbourne Brewers - Competition Organiser

Bummer.. No Strong/Old ale this year. It was the only worthy entry I had. Good luck everyone and rug up for Belgrave..brrrrr freezing joint.

Sweet! This the kick in the arse I need to go pay a visit to Oscars, especially since it's just up the road. I've been talking about going for months and haven't made it yet. If I no-show this one, I'm a bloody loser. I'll be keen to enter a beer too :icon_cheers:

Bummer.. No Strong/Old ale this year. It was the only worthy entry I had. Good luck everyone and rug up for Belgrave..brrrrr freezing joint.

Sorry mate - small entry numbers on that cat last year, so retiring it this time around. If there is enough interest, it may make a return next year.

Sweet! This the kick in the arse I need to go pay a visit to Oscars, especially since it's just up the road. I've been talking about going for months and haven't made it yet. If I no-show this one, I'm a bloody loser. I'll be keen to enter a beer too :icon_cheers:

Great little venue - super relaxed, great atmosphere, awesome beers and knowledgable staff.

Come on down and say g'day - and make sure you get your entry in, gotta be in it to win it :)

The CompMaster website says this comp is not accepting entries at this time. Is there a date when the comp will start accepting entries?

Cheers :icon_cheers:

No IPA's? :(

I'll have to see what I can rustle up.

cheers Ross

Sorry guys, but there has been a delay with getting the site up and ready for processing entries - I am reliably informed that this will be sorted and ready to go by this Friday around 8pm.

Sorry for the inconvenience....

Still two weeks to get your entries dropped off at the collection points - good luck to all.

Cheers,

Brendo

so much for the online entry system working. my acount on the website is now unknown and apparently doesnt exist , it was working just fine during the week though. and my brother opened an acount to enter this comp tonight and when he signs in with his username and password some one elses details come up. none of this happens with an old fashioned pen and paper entry. is this why i still havent got my feedback from beerfest yet as well? is it to much reliance on ureliable computers? i think ill just give this one a miss now.

so much for the online entry system working. my acount on the website is now unknown and apparently doesnt exist , it was working just fine during the week though. and my brother opened an acount to enter this comp tonight and when he signs in with his username and password some one elses details come up. none of this happens with an old fashioned pen and paper entry. is this why i still havent got my feedback from beerfest yet as well? is it to much reliance on ureliable computers? i think ill just give this one a miss now.

Hi Beerhog,

My fault - the rebuilt was pointing at an old database. It's almost fixed - I just need to get your account rebuilt.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regarding beerfest feedback - if you entered online your feedback has been available since the monday after the competition. Offline entries are being mailed out at the moment.

If you entered offline but have an account, let me know and I'll go in and hook things up manually.

Sorry for the delay and inconvenience.

Andy

thanks for the reply andy. ill give the site another go during the week and see how i go. if the beerfest feedback is getting sent out now i'll just wait for it to arrive.

thanks for the reply andy. ill give the site another go during the week and see how i go. if the beerfest feedback is getting sent out now i'll just wait for it to arrive.

No problem,

I've just finished updating your details. Would you mind jumping in and double checking it for me? You will need to request a new password, as I've lost the passwords for the accounts I had to rebuild manually.

Cheers!

Andy

Edit: I've also just hooked up your scoresheets for you...

yep just loged in and changed my password so it seems good to go. thanks again for the super quick response and resolution.

yep just loged in and changed my password so it seems good to go. thanks again for the super quick response and resolution.

You're welcome!

I was super embarrased by the screw-up. Maybe I should try to get some sleep this week :)

Cheers!

Andy

I tried to login just before and was unsuccessful, so I had a new password emailed to me. Clicked through from the email and changed my password, then went and entered the comp and logged out. Went to log back in with my new password and was unsuccessful again. It seems I have to get a new password emailed to me each time I want to login.

I tried to login just before and was unsuccessful, so I had a new password emailed to me. Clicked through from the email and changed my password, then went and entered the comp and logged out. Went to log back in with my new password and was unsuccessful again. It seems I have to get a new password emailed to me each time I want to login.

Hi Peakydh,

Sorry - you were in the unfortunate position of being one of the two people who logged in before I fixed the problem. During the fix process your password couldn't be recovered, so I had to reset it.

You shouldn't have any problem looking in now that you've got your password again. Could you please let me know if your subsequent attempt is successful?

Thanks!

Andy

Hi Peakydh,

Sorry - you were in the unfortunate position of being one of the two people who logged in before I fixed the problem. During the fix process your password couldn't be recovered, so I had to reset it.

You shouldn't have any problem looking in now that you've got your password again. Could you please let me know if your subsequent attempt is successful?

Thanks!

Andy

Hi Andy, I just logged in again and I'm still having the same issue. I'm having to get a new password emailed to me each time I want to login. When I try to change my password I get 'your email address is already registered' and my password is unable to be changed. However, I am able to access my account etc from the 'change password' page. It seems that the only way I'm able to login and access my account is by getting a new password emailed to me each time and going through the link in the email.

Hope this makes sense :icon_cheers:

Cheers.

Hi Andy, I just logged in again and I'm still having the same issue. I'm having to get a new password emailed to me each time I want to login. When I try to change my password I get 'your email address is already registered' and my password is unable to be changed. However, I am able to access my account etc from the 'change password' page. It seems that the only way I'm able to login and access my account is by getting a new password emailed to me each time and going through the link in the email.

Hope this makes sense :icon_cheers:

Cheers.

Thanks peaky,

I've just taken the site down to have a closer look at this problem.

I'll advise when it's live again.

Regards,

Thanks peaky,

I've just taken the site down to have a closer look at this problem.

I'll advise when it's live again.

Regards,

I've just activated the site again.

Peaky - I haven't been able to replicate your issue, so this could be a browser cache problem. While I was there I paid for the entry you've put in there just to make sure everything was good again.

I'll send you a PM with my mobile number in case you're still having hassles and we can work through it together.

Please let me know if anything is awry still. I've just run through a pretty comprehensive test on a different internet connection and it all seems to be alive and well, but I've thought that before :(

Thanks for all the feedback guys - it's been a stressful 48 hours :).

Andy

Andy / Brendo,

Can we assume the competition date on the CompMaster website is correct? I.e. 9th Jun 2011?

Gives a couple more weeks to prepare, instead of 15th May, which I initially thought was the date.

Latest posts

Back