Ventmatic Taps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had a quick try of mine and all I'm getting is foam, no matter where I put the flow regulator.
Update...
The tap has come good. Probably just needed to cool down, like Ross said.
The good, the tap is great. Love the flow regulator and the fact that you can have a real short length of beer line. I'm using about a foot of beer line with the tap.
The bad, looks like I'll need to spend another $100 so I can buy another one :)
If I had to whinge about anything it wouldn't be about the tap but the shank assembly. I'd much prefer that it would sit closer to the fridge door wall, like the other shanks that are used for the likes of the Shirron/Ventmatic taps. Also, the stainless steel shank does not match the gold tap. I'm probably a bit picky about little things like that. I reckon they would look great on a gold font.
I'll get some pics up but since my brother has pinched my digital camera I'll have to use my mobile phone.

I'll get some pics up but since my brother has pinched my digital camera I'll have to use my mobile phone.
Bugger, can't upload pics because of some error..

"The requested file upload failed because suitable permissions have not been enabled on the 'uploads' directory. Please contact the board administrator and inform them of this error."

If I had to whinge about anything it wouldn't be about the tap but the shank assembly. I'd much prefer that it would sit closer to the fridge door wall, like the other shanks that are used for the likes of the Shirron/Ventmatic taps. Also, the stainless steel shank does not match the gold tap. I'm probably a bit picky about little things like that. I reckon they would look great on a gold font.

Sorry for the late reply - only just this second got access back to the site (thanks pistolpatch/Screwtop)

I agree Thunderlips, though I don't reckon the S/S against the gold looks too bad at all. If you prefer without the S/S shank, you can do it; but with the thread being short, you may have to widen the hole on the inside skin of your fridge so you can get the locking nut on. Give me a call if that doesnt make sense...

cheers Ross

If you prefer without the S/S shank, you can do it; but with the thread being short, you may have to widen the hole on the inside skin of your fridge so you can get the locking nut on. Give me a call if that doesnt make sense...
That's a good idea. A mate also thought you could use a bigger hole saw and put the whole shank through the door. After seeing my one, the same mate also wants two for himself :)
I hope you have some left.

Some dodgy mobile phone camera pics...
02_12_06_1620.jpg
02_12_06_1621.jpg
02_12_06_1622.jpg
02_12_06_1624.jpg

:super: :super: 22 more sleeps ... 22 more sleeps ... 22 more sleeps ... 22 more sleeps ... 22 more sleeps ... 22 more sleeps ... 22 more sleeps ... 22 more sleeps ... 22 more sleeps ... 22 more sleeps ... 22 more sleeps ... 22 more sleeps ... 22 more sleeps ...

Warren -

Just fitted one to my party keg - poured my blackberry heffe to perfection at our club xmas bash today

Celli_taps_004.jpg

Celli_taps_005.jpg

cheers Ross

Hey Ross, I haven't really played around with it yet but does the screw on the front of the Celli have an effect on the spring load or is something else completely?

If you prefer without the S/S shank, you can do it; but with the thread being short, you may have to widen the hole on the inside skin of your fridge so you can get the locking nut on.
Ross, I was just going to do this but realised I need a specific part to fit to the end of the Celli thread.
Do you have this part at your online shop?

Just looking now, is it the "Female Adaptor - Thread 5/8 Tube OD 5/16 (8mm)" that I need?

Ross, I was just going to do this but realised I need a specific part to fit to the end of the Celli thread.
Do you have this part at your online shop?

Just looking now, is it the "Female Adaptor - Thread 5/8 Tube OD 5/16 (8mm)" that I need?

That's the one mate - your line plugs straight into it.

cheers Ross

Ross,

On your web page it says you're designing a snap-lock adaptor for the Celli,

Any idea when it will be available?

Thanks,
Andy

Ross,

On your web page it says you're designing a snap-lock adaptor for the Celli,

Any idea when it will be available?

Thanks,
Andy

Andy, my design is with the engineering shop, just waiting on a quote before proceeding, as need to make sure it's viable - Hopefully answer very shortly.

Cheers Ross

Andy, my design is with the engineering shop, just waiting on a quote before proceeding, as need to make sure it's viable - Hopefully answer very shortly.
Ross, did they also do the stainless shank?
Nice job if so.

Due to a few requests, I'll also be stocking the Shirron taps in straight gold & 2 tone (s/s-gold). They should be here early next week, if customs don't take a shine to them B)

++++

Yes, thunderlips, they did the shanks, but unfortunately they want too much for the font adaptor (small run) to make it viable. I think I've worked out a much cheaper option though, just haven't had time this last 2 weeks as packing orders dawn to dusk. Hopefully news very soon.

cheers Ross

They look a million dollars Bindi... finally taps worthy of your fine beer :)

Cheers Ross

Ross,

Any news yet on the snaplocks for the Cellis?

Andy

Latest posts

Back