Vent-matic Vs Perlick

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah Tim, what I am saying that that you have them connected correctly (like the Vent-Matic pic in the first post of this thread).

Just leave them like that and they'll work great :super:

PZ.
Oh yeah, I know I've got them setup correctly at the moment, and the way I have it now will definitely work. But I wanted to have them "Snaploked" so I can remove them easily - Both for cleaning and security. :)

But enough of that for now, I can start my own thread for the answer - Sorry for the highjack! :)

I'm extremely happy with my Ventmatic Ultra-Flow that I bought from Northern Brewer...except for having to take it off the kegerator door during a fridge move / garage renovation today!

Thank gawd for the cobra tap!

Cheers,
TL enjoying kegs of Oktoberfest and a wicked APA right now!

Just a bit of an update here folks. The kegerator's inagural party went spectacularly well! :party: I had two Perlick taps hooked up to a keg each and both poured faultlessly for the whole day!

I've also ended up buying a couple more for my brother-in-law and have finally gotten around to taking some pics of the Perlicks in detail. I'll post a new topic on them when I've had a chance to crop and upload them :)

A quick word of advice if you're planning on using the plain, splined, non-snaplok shanks that you can get from the USA without a welded hose tail on one end - BUY THE BEER NUT AND TAIL FROM THE PEOPLE WHO SOLD YOUR SHANK!
I could not find a 7/8"-14 NPT threaded nut or pipe end cap from anyone! I ended up doing a ghetto fix and used some plastic irrigation caps, some plumbing tape and worm screws to hold the ******* together. Worked like a charm! :p :blink:

Regards,
Tim.

Sorry for bringing up an old thread.

I've just been looking at these taps. Northern Brewer has the Perlick and the Vent-Matic for basically the same price. I was wondering which is the better tap?

And does anyone have decent photo's of the gold finish or two tone Vent-Matics?

Cheers,

Troy

Here is the review on the Brewboard with pics, Link.

Send Yardy a PM, I know he just got some 2 tone taps and maybe able to take a few more pics for you.

Thanks mate. That link is quoted earlier in this thread, but it seems the perlick unit has been improved since then.

Looking for some new opinions.

It seems the tap handle can freely rotate on the vent-matic - is that a problem for people?

sathid,

click on 'All Latest Threads' and have a look at 'Wrecks & Relics'.
there are a couple of pics of the two-tone sherrin for $85 from Ross @ Craftbrewer, looks the ducks nuts btw B)

i can't comment on how they run as yet but i'm pretty confident they're not a dud.

cheers

Latest posts

Back