Velvet Recipe

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wax

Reaction score
Hello again fellow brewers. Sorry I haven't been around for a while, I fell off the HB wagon for a while there, but I'm well and truely back in the game now.

Anyway, I've had a request from a mate to replicate a Czech beer called Velvet. Never had it myself. Has anyone got a Velvet clone recipe?

http://www.needmorebeer.com/velvet.htm

Wax,

I remember Barry Cranston posted a receipe on the Oz Craftbrewers website for a Velvet. Pretty sure it was a Maibock. Can't seem to get onto their website at the moment though, but I have seen it in the receipe section.

Cheers.

Velvet is kind of a Czech version of Kilkenny - sweetish amber stuff with a nitro head. you might not be able to do it without a widget - or perhaps a can of shaving foam.

if you look for some kilkenny or caffreys clone recipes you'll probably get close.

so according to that link there's four malts, "bitter hops"... hmm -
bohemian pilsener malt + bit of wheat malt + a bit of munich + a fair bit of caramunich II to 1050?
northern brewer or something european and high AA to 15 IBUs?

i don't know if it's really an ale so a lager yeast would probably be the way to go.

Latest posts

Back