Vb Back To Full Strength

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any publicity, etc, etc. Mind you, I get the feeling the horse might have bolted with this one.

Same. Seems to me they should have pushed the VB Gold branding a whole lot harder, seeing as XXXX Gold has such a huge market share.

I respect their decision to make bogans 0.3% more drunk again though.

Just emailed them with some recipe revisions for VB since they are in a state of flux. Not sure if they'll go with it, but I suggested changing the yeast to Wyeast 1214, leaving the sugar content the same but upping the malt bill to an OG of 1.070
and using EKG instead of PoR for the same IBUs.

Victorian Triple, or VT. I'd buy that shit.

Same. Seems to me they should have pushed the VB Gold branding a whole lot harder, seeing as XXXX Gold has such a huge market share.

Just emailed them with some recipe revisions for VB since they are in a state of flux. Not sure if they'll go with it, but I suggested changing the yeast to Wyeast 1214, leaving the sugar content the same but upping the malt bill to an OG of 1.070

Nah, it'd be "Victoria Batter" - because that's what the bogan would be doing to his de-facto once he'd had one.

+1 on the EKG suggestion, but I think you're better off saving your energy for trolling, Nick.

Victoria triple... facepalm

Can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear I'm afraid....................You can get it bashing the missus..............you can get it driving the commodore.................you can get it at centrelink........................as a matter of fact I've got it right now :D

+1 on the EKG suggestion, but I think you're better off saving your energy for trolling, Nick.

Victoria triple... facepalm

Calling people trolls when they are just being silly on a thread about VB is trolling in itself.

You need to increase your humour content by 0.3%.

Can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear I'm afraid....................You can get it bashing the missus..............you can get it driving the commodore.................you can get it at centrelink........................as a matter of fact I've got it right now :D

Hahaha...love it!!! :D :D :D

Wasn't in Alex Hills was it LRG? Saw a car on fire a couple of weekends ago when spending a whole day at open homes....

They invested that extra coin to work out how they could dumb down the James Squire range even further. And it worked. JS is now crap, and has a much higher market share !

Clever folks, those Japanese executives.

Yep - Lion Nathan Kirin managed to get their competitors to drop the abv% in their 'marquee' label and invest it in their company.

Smart Japanese execs indeed. :lol:

Calling people trolls when they are just being silly on a thread about VB is trolling in itself.

You need to increase your humour content by 0.3%.
Never called you a troll, just suggested that trolling was time better spent than the wasted recipe suggestion!
I'm just annoyed my troll on the comments site never got in. :(

Yep - Lion Nathan Kirin managed to get their competitors to drop the abv% in their 'marquee' label and invest it in their company.

Smart Japanese execs indeed. :lol:

Oops, yea, that statement was quite a brain fart, and I havent had a drink in days :lol: That may be the problem. <_<

The calculation on standard drink size wouldnt be from rounding but from going from 375ml to 345ml the same as most craft brews no?
And the $10mill lsnt excise but the cost in re-hasing thier bottling plant to cope with the boom in sales from all us guys going back to drinking cats piss

These are my thoughts .. but i really dont care as its not allowed in my house anyway

I for one am happy, I knew I left the 4.9% label painted on me keggerator! I have been putting off fixing this with the 4.6% label for years :ph34r:

My keggerator :)

Recon I will cop some slack for that pic :)

Cheers

Mass

AFAIK Fosters Lager is 4.9 and no doubt comes from the same mash - they just have to modify the stage where they turn on the cold water tap on the way to the packaging line.

"Company memo. From 8th September the staff in the finishing line are hereby instructed to turn on the cold water tap for 3 minutes as opposed to 3.5 minutes, in other words just treat it like Fosters Lager. This does not suggest however that the hop extract tap should be interfered with in any way. i.e. Fosters Lager sessions should not involve turning on the extract tap at all. Just to clear things up. Happy brewing."

. . . and no doubt comes from the same mash - they just have to modify the stage where they turn on the cold water tap on the way to the packaging line.

nope

VB Gold. I dare not think of the offers i heard made to keep it on the shelf.

Where did VB Original go? A long standing Tradition of dogshit in a bottle.

469325657_f4c801c2e8_z.jpg

Back