Vb And Tooheys New Is Better Than Imports!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, that's it. I'm packing up the fermenter, tipping my schwarzbier down the sink, getting rid of all those nasty home brews and various other bits and pieces in the barfridge and refilling with VB.

I can't believe I've been wrong all this time!

Nothing better than a TED Platinum to wash down that sweet sweet VB liquor

Nothing better than a TED Platinum to wash down that sweet sweet VB liquor
jebus... 22 posts in the first 30 minutes of joining ahb. keep this up and you'll have more posts than anyone else in under a week. not that that's anything to be proud of

They have to be kidding. Choice is well regarded, but geez, where do these 'experts' come from?

I checked the ratebeer site for a laugh. According to beer drinkers around the world, VB scores in the 5% worst beers tasted. I like the tasting notes:

'37.5 cL bottle. Pours golden yellow to orange with a white head. Aroma is hay, corn and slight metallic. Metallic, corn and bitter flavour. Dry bitterness in the finish. Bland bitter

Can. golden with scummy off-white head. Aroma was negligible but there was a hint of hops apparent. Flavour started sweet before a hint of bitterness crept in. A crude metallic edge was also present. Not the worst Australian lager but no world beater.

A little on the thin and watery side with a high carbonation. Mild to moderate bitterness with a slight metallic taste which gets worse as the beer starts to warm. Not quite as bad as many make out, and it will do the job served cold on a hot day, however, if you want a beer where you can savour the flavour, this is not it.'

I checked the ratebeer site for a laugh. According to beer drinkers around the world, VB scores in the 5% worst beers tasted. I like the tasting notes:
'37.5 cL bottle. Pours golden yellow to orange with a white head. Aroma is hay, corn and slight metallic. Metallic, corn and bitter flavour. Dry bitterness in the finish. Bland bitter

Can. golden with scummy off-white head. Aroma was negligible but there was a hint of hops apparent. Flavour started sweet before a hint of bitterness crept in. A crude metallic edge was also present. Not the worst Australian lager but no world beater.

A little on the thin and watery side with a high carbonation. Mild to moderate bitterness with a slight metallic taste which gets worse as the beer starts to warm. Not quite as bad as many make out, and it will do the job served cold on a hot day, however, if you want a beer where you can savour the flavour, this is not it.'

you think thats funny? check out tooheys extra dry, red or blue bitter, hahn super dry and carlton cold. some classic reviews out there :)

[edit]

lol, this is about the carlton cold shots that were out a few years back:

"Beer AND vodka.. what more could any reasonable alcho want? A fantastic drop, but rather expensive."
overall 17/20

strange that his opinion wasnt counted, lol

Latest posts

Back