Vacuum Sealers..

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cocko

Oh Dear..
Reaction score
Hey Peeps,

I have searched and searched but am a little lost here...

Can you please tell me if I buy a vacuum sealer, will my hops be fresher? Thus my beers better?

Which one should I buy?

Thanks in advance.

i have the channel unit and i have a bag of hop flowers that's been sitting in fridge for 12months and it has not lost any of its vacuum and i buy rolls from HERE

Hey Peeps,

I have searched and searched but am a little lost here...

Can you please tell me if I buy a vacuum sealer, will my hops be fresher? Thus my beers better?

Which one should I buy?

Thanks in advance.
you taking the piss?

I'm sitting here looking at my brand new Luvelo Deluxe stainless badboy.... now I just need my bulk hops to arrive!

you taking the piss?

I'm sitting here looking at my brand new Luvelo Deluxe stainless badboy.... now I just need my bulk hops to arrive!

Of course he's taking the piss.

He said please and thanks.

Way too polite for the real Cocko :)

We've only got 3 vac sealer threads in the top 10 at the moment, we may need more :unsure:

you taking the piss?

Well just bought the same fella, minus the Stainless body touch, stuck with my favourite shade, back...

No more meat blood running around the bottom of the Engel whenever we go camping, and also be good for beer related activities :D

Liam_snorkel said:
I've got one of those in the second link - and it does a shit house job with channel bags. Works perfectly with the flat ones though.
Can anyone tell me how you tell the channel bags from the others? I presume there is a channel of sorts but gave no idea really...... I have a maxkon and no idea what type of bags it takes?

Can anyone tell me which way the plug goes in the wall.

It looks like it could go any of three ways.

punkin said:
Can anyone tell me which way the plug goes in the wall.

It looks like it could go any of three ways.
smart arse!! had it coming......

Just check the bags on the inner surface if they are 100% smooth they are not channel bags.

beerdrinkingbob said:
Can anyone tell me how you tell the channel bags from the others? I presume there is a channel of sorts but gave no idea really...... I have a maxkon and no idea what type of bags it takes?
I've got a Maxton and the Ebay ones were 50/50. Got these from the 'the packaging centre' and they do much better. $10 includes shipping I think...

QldKev said:
Just check the bags on the inner surface if they are 100% smooth they are not channel bags.
Thanks Kev, looks like they are channeled, for some reason i had this image of a channel running down each side of the bag.

channel bags are a little like "ribbed" bags, using "dingers" as an analogy.

Back