Using Steeping Grains In A Partial

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Herby_76

Reaction score
gurus

I'm a bit unsure how to use steeping grains with a partial mash. I've started mashing a couple of kg of grains with my brews now and have been more than happy with the result. However, I wanted to use some smaller quantities of speciality grains with my brews as well. Do most people just throw these in with the mash? If so do you maintain the same water to grain ratio for the entire grain bill or is more/less water needed.

feedback would be appreciated

cheers
herb

gurus

I'm a bit unsure how to use steeping grains with a partial mash. I've started mashing a couple of kg of grains with my brews now and have been more than happy with the result. However, I wanted to use some smaller quantities of speciality grains with my brews as well. Do most people just throw these in with the mash? If so do you maintain the same water to grain ratio for the entire grain bill or is more/less water needed.

feedback would be appreciated

cheers
herb

Yeah mate just toss them in with the mash. Shouldn't have to worry about the grain water ratio too much unless you are using a lot of specialty malts.

Back