Using one CO2 bottle, kegging and transfers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RopesNZ

Reaction score
Hi

I'm wondering if anyone has a similar setup to me and what they do. I have one CO2 bottle and want to us it for both my kegerator and doing pressure transfers with the Fermzilla.. is there any kind of quick disconnect that will allow me to disconnect the bottle from the keg fridge? So I don't have to pull the gas line off the regulator barb everytime.. anyone have a setup they use?

Hope that makes sense, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I don’t really trust the quick disconnects, so I’d just buy another barb to keep attached to the FZ gas line...

Would be just as easy just detaching the kegorator barb and attaching the FZ one, as using a quick disconnect

I have a ball lock qd screwed into the out of the regulator. I can then easily disconnect my manifold and remove the cylinder from the keezer and connect to my fermzilla for transfer. Very easy to do

I use a push in duotight one way valve on a short piece of gas line coming from my regulator hose. And another one on some hose that connects to my Chronical. I push the collar in and pull the tube out to use the bottle on the fermenter and put it back when finished.

I just use a John guest one-way checkvalve to connect my gas line to the fridge. You should use a check valve anyway.

Been using that to use my c02 bottle with picnic setups for years.

Same thing.

I have a ball lock qd screwed into the out of the regulator. I can then easily disconnect my manifold and remove the cylinder from the keezer and connect to my fermzilla for transfer. Very easy to do

Ok that sounds like exactly what I'm after, but I can't really picture it? Do you mean the qd is coming off the barb of the reg? Thanks

I use a push in duotight one way valve on a short piece of gas line coming from my regulator hose. And another one on some hose that connects to my Chronical. I push the collar in and pull the tube out to use the bottle on the fermenter and put it back when finished.

Ok this sounds pretty easy, that's just a two way duotight fitting right? Cheers

Ok that sounds like exactly what I'm after, but I can't really picture it? Do you mean the qd is coming off the barb of the reg? Thanks
Like this
Resized_20190920_112042.jpeg

I had a duotight in there. Removed it and screwed the qd in. Works great

Id like to suggest a second gas bottle there so cheap now. Nothing worse than running out of gas

Yeah the kl one is the one i have. I have 2 bottles but the second is for when the first runs out. Only have 1 reg and it works for me

Back