Using 50l And 19l Kegs Together

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robbo5253

Reaction score
Hey All,

Currently running 2 19l Kegs with 1 tap and a single gas line, what I want to do is:

Be able to Gas 50l Kegs within the fridge, will then serve from a miracle box at a mates place.

What I was thinking of doing is buying a T piece for the Gas and leaving the standard QD on one part and then putting a Female Adaptor 1/4" FFL x 5/16" (8mm) on the other so I can screw in a QD MFL and then take that off and screw in the gas connector for the 50l keg.

My question is does someone make the connector with the MFL connector and then the gas connection for the 50l?

I have a pic of the coupler attached

Hope that makes sense,

Cheers

Robbo

P.S. The 50l keg is one a mate owns and will lend to me on occasions, it is legit.

Image007.jpg

Looks like a snaplock to me. I got mine from Andale. The male bit comes in straight through and gas (which has an integral shutoff in it). I may have some spare (not free B) ) as I have been switching from Snaplock to ball lock posts - see what Andale charges and if it is too frighting PM me.

Enoch,
Cheers for the quick reply, will the back of the Snap Lock connect with the Female adaptor?
If not, what would I need to join the two?

Cheers

Will try to take a photo when I get home.
Think of the popular gargen hose fittings. The girl bit you are holding is presumably attached to the keg (it is for me) looks and works a bit like the girl bit on the garden hose.
The boy bit has the gas/beer line coming out of one end of it and the other end of it looks similar to the male part of the hose fitting.
A picture will tell a 1000 words...

So I guess my next question is, what is the connector that comes out the back of the snaplock?
Is it 1/4 inch thread that will connect to the FFL or if not, what do I need to adapt it?

Look forward to the pic Enoch

Cheers

Robbo

Some pix. The line has an "olive" inserted in it and is screwed in the back.
img157.jpg
On one of my 45 litre kegs - nb these are posts but if you have snaplock females the top is the same. Beer style on the left, gas on the right.
img159.jpg
A closer look at the gas one.

So now I just need to get a snap lock gas fitting and then work out how to connect it back to the FFL connector.

Anyone with any ideas?

Cheers

Robbo

So now I just need to get a snap lock gas fitting and then work out how to connect it back to the FFL connector.

It's just standard beer/gas hose so you have some hose out the back of the snap lock and connect the hose to your system via a john guest fitting.

Latest posts

Back