Usa Ebay

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the email just the other day. I did raise the possibility that Australia Post might not take it because they have a 20kg limit on packages (4 kegs comes close). I also fear that we are bombarding the poor bloke with a heap of emails from Aussie brewers. Hope he's not getting too pissed off with all the enquiries. This has also been on Craftbrewers as well, so a lot of people are enquiring.

Hoops

On air mail remember to keep the cost to under 250 AUD - you will not pay duty then.

Also, i am not happy with Beer discounters e-mails service ATM.
They are very reluctant to answer e-mails etc.

GMK

I was waiting for an e-mail reply from them after asking a few Q's in December, so I sent a 2nd email (different address) asking for the cost of a list of items and postage.....it took 5 days to reply then, still don't have a reply to my Q's though.

Is the duty only for air mail? I would be getting it sent suface mail.

Hoops

Surface Mail with a 4-6week wait you can go upto 1000.00 AUD without attracting duty...

Perth Guys, you know you can get kegs for $50? $55? reconditioned from Ultimate Air in Osborne Park.

Other source is from Eddie, a guy who regularly advertises in the quokka. $45 for an unreconditioned keg, $5 for the seal kit. Be warned though, he'll try to sell you lots of other crap while you're there :)

sounds like a good source for all kinds of kegging stuff.... thanks Kook

Thanks Batz - I like.....

thanks kook
do you know what size kegs ultimate air carry and do they have a good stock on hand.recon i will buy a few off them when in perth.

cheers
big d

The reconditioned ones are the standard 18.9L post mix kegs.

They also stock new kegs of various sizes. You'd have to give them a call (they're in the phone book).

They also stock lots of taps/fonts etc. The majority of their sales is to beer plumbers who are outfitting pubs.

mmm beer plumber...looks like ive now found my true calling in life.hope theres a need for this skill in perth. :D
can hear the publican now.
you finished yet mate.youve been at it awhile .
yeah just another test pint mate and i reckon these taps will be tuned to perfection

GMK

Mates mum work in customs so I found out about duty and GST........
The $1000 limit is for formal declarations and doesn't have a bearing on paying duty.
For brew gear duty is worked at 5% of goods. Postage is not taken into account.
GST is then added on. 10% of goods + postage + duty.
If the total amount of duty + GST is under $50 then you pay nothing extra, no duty no GST.
That means orders need to be kept down to around AU$315 approx USD$240
If the order was around $400 then you would get wacked with approx $55 fee!
Hopes this helps others with their orders.

Hoops

Just picked up a keg from Ultimate Air, cost was $71.50 ($65+GST). They had just got a bunch in (looked like about 15) and they all looked pretty good (think they are pressure tested and have new seals?). Also got a gas & liquid disconnect ($18.15ea) and a nifty T-piece for my gas line (photo below, $9.35) which doesn't need and clamps! Anyone used one of these.

Also had a look at a tap, comes with a snap on fitting for the front of the fridge so you can unplug the tap to stop unauthorised drinking :p Could be something I look at for an upgrade down the track.

Should have asked if they get any cheap 50L kegs to chop up for boilers ....

clamp0001.JPG

We use a similar fitting on compressed air at work , bad luck I don't think they are beer line dia.

nah its for the gas line Batz, so I can pressure to kegs at once. Looks like the seals are not replaced, found a dud o-ring on the gas in ... fixed now and it is full and ckilling :p

mean gas line sorry

Could be cheaper to by from an industrial mob

JasonY

I use those type of push fittings for gas and beer lines. I can get some T pieces occasionaly from work. They work very well and I have not had a problem yet.

Hoops

Has anyone ordered and received kegs from RCB and how long did it take.

Bigfella

have ordered some so I am now waiting for them to get here.

Hoops

Have'nt you read the resent posts , don't spent any money

You can get by with a old jam tin and a funnel :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back