Usa Ebay

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pioneergangsta

I have e-mailed RCB with some Q's but will let you know when I hear more. When ordering 4 they worked out at about $60ea, but it depends how much the dollar fluctuates between now and when the order goes in.
PM me where you are located or for more info

Hoops

Check out their faucets too, under the fridge conversion section. They have the faucet, shank, handle and nipple for $29.50US. The faucet is chrome not stainless but it's pretty cheap, especially if your getting other stuff as well.

Thanks Justin,
May go for the 3 gallon ones , I have eight 22lt , with I payed $33 each for some years ago , should have got heap more could make a few bucks on them now.
May know someone selling a system if anyones interested

Hmm. It does sound tempting to get the kegs brought in, but I've always been keen on supporting the Australian HB industry. Might have to think about this some more.

Justin

They also have a tap with Stainless Steel QD for U$41.25 when I checked last. Thats what I'm after!
Murray, I also like to support local business but when it comes to 3Gal kegs I can't find any for sale in Australia.

Hoops

I didn't see those there Hoops, will have a better look. Keg Systems has 10L kegs (reconditioned? Guessing so?) with ball lock fittings for $148.50

All eight , well just allows my brews to age a little
Had an email back from the US , postage for 4 , 3 gallon kegs $53.50 US

Is anyone here still interested in going halves on a few 5 gallon kegs? In the Brisbane area?

Well I am , Iam the other side of the country , but hell we can transport

Volcano, I'm in Brisbane. If you like I'll get a few 5 gallon kegs with you. PM me if you are keen.

Sounds like a good idea - anyone else in Perth interested?

I go halves with ya goat , I know someone who will pick them up from Perth for me

Otherwise what about you big d ?
I will be up towards your way later in the year , happy to bring them with me

Hoops,

you still interested in going halves for 4x 3gallon kegs?
i PM you, dont know if you got it?!

Cheers

pioneergangsta

sorry, been busy but I well check out prices today to see how much postage will cost. I will let you know hopefully by the end of the day.

Hoops

Well, thats interesting. I just got an email back from the guys @ brewersdiscount.com - I asked what the shipping availability/cost are for the kegs and the difference between the reconditioned and serviced ones are.

Here is his reply.

==========================================
Matt

Shipping, the kegs are 10 lbs each, go to usps.com and under international
shipping a list is given to types and speed of delivery. Limit of two kegs
per box due to size limitations as listed at usps.com.

Thanks

Terry

==========================================

So, I calculated on usps.com the cost of 20 lbs with insurance for USD$45 worth of merchandise and it came to USD$42.95 just for the kegs. Add the USD$44 and it comes to USD$86.95. Run that thorugh xe.com and it comes to a grand total of AUD$111.75 for TWO kegs. I think someone calculated AUD$210(ish) to get 4 landed in Australia.

I would recommend instead of going halves to take the option of getting 2 (if that is all you wnt) as the cost of freighting them around australia would add a fair bit I imagine.

just my 0.02c

When I talked to them they would do 4 in a box. Their ebay site also said a maximum of four per box (40lb total for 4X 5 gallon, 30lb total for 4X 3 gallon). Sending less than four doesn't save you enough on postage to make it worth while.

It costs approximately $20+ per keg to post kegs around Australia. Check out the calculator on Australia Post website. For me that was the difference in buying from the US or trying to find some cheap in Australia.

QUOTE FROM RCB:
The only way they can go is US Postal Service. Sometimes the larger boxes
don't go through due to the 79'' limit. We were able to get some out last
week. We are waiting and hopefully they made it. Last year I sent one
package parcel post and it was sent by air, three day delivery. USPS.com

4- 3 gallon kegs 30 lbs $54.10 4 to 6 week delivery
4- 5 gallon kegs 40 lbs $67.10 4 to 6 week delivery

We paid the shipping to USPS at time of shipping and it is marked on the
box.

Terry

US Mail 79" limit the four keg box is 97" totals.

Terry

To anyone that wants to split postage for 3 Gal kegs

I plugged some figures and if you are in the same location it works out $5 a keg cheaper to buy 4 and go halves, however, if you wish to go halves and then post 2 to someone else the added postage ends up costing about the same.

RCB charge a flat rate for postage to Australia regardless of where you are. That means:
4 x 3Gal kegs @ 32.50ea + 54.10 p&h = U$184.10 = A$237.80 = A$59.45ea

2 x 3Gal kegs @ 32.50ea + 34.60 p&h = U$99.60 = A$129.20 = A$64.60ea

Plus postage @ about $19 split 2 ways = $9.50 = A$64.20ea

Hope this helps

Hoops

Okay, so it sounds like they are having trouble with posting the box size. Perhaps they have changed policy since you last asked, Justin?

Back