Urgent: Tap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_fuzz

Reaction score
Hey All,

Well my plastic bucket of death has "kicked the bucket" sort of. My tap has fallen to pieces and I need to replace ASAP. Now, this seems simple, except I am using one of the old "bucket" type coopers fermenter as my kettle.

So, does anyone know someone in Sydney I could get one of these taps ASAP

It is the one in the middle?

fermentertaps.jpg

cheers you cheeky bastards - what I mean't was I wanted to brew on Saturday, thus mail is a problem, Also I wanted want to infect NSW with the Mexican disease

Which disease? Fashion, Rugby Union or nice weather? :lol:
Aerial ping-pong and VB?

Taps are available it Big W, K-mart, Bunnings and brew shops
Late night shopping :lol:

Taps are available it Big W, K-mart, Bunnings and brew shops
Late night shopping :lol:

Yeah, but I need a specific style

I noticed that Country Brewer sell pails with tap - So I assume it uses the same style tap?

Hey All,

Well my plastic bucket of death has "kicked the bucket" sort of. My tap has fallen to pieces and I need to replace ASAP. Now, this seems simple, except I am using one of the old "bucket" type coopers fermenter as my kettle.

So, does anyone know someone in Sydney I could get one of these taps ASAP

It is the one in the middle?

fermentertaps.jpg

Hey WWWH , is there any reason the tap HAS to be like the one in the middle ?
Surely if the thread fits the carboy & it's cheap you can use any tap in a pinch allowing you time to find the correct tap later. I've been using either the snaptap or the black tap for years with no problems. :huh:

Lagers

The one in the middle (the old coopers fermenter type) goes through a hole and has a nut that tightens behind it.Theres no thread in the fermenter.

Batz

In a pinch - Bunnings carry irrigation fittings that will fit the hole in your fermentor, inclusive of ball valves which for a few bucks rare of considerably better quality than the standard homebrew tap - whether you want to play with things that aren't officially food grade or not is up to you.

Gardening section - irrigation. There are enough goodies in there to keep a homebrewer amused for hours.

TB

Plus, the brass fittings are a few aisles over. If you go plastic, it's just going to break again in a kettle.

I was in bunnings last night and looked in the plumbing - however, when I looked at the largest "pipe" it was still smaller then the hole in the pail?

The plastics or the brass? They should have brass stuff up to an inch.

Thats one of the reasons I suggested the irrigation section rather than the plumbing section - the plumbing section is all about 15 & 22(?) mm household sized fittings, whereas it gets a bit bigger over in the irrigation section

As lethal suggested, if you can find a brass tap to fit, or even a bush to step the size of the fitting you need down a little, that will def last longer, but if you are in a hurry, and you want to brew this weekend, then $5-6 will get you a plastic fitting that will do the job for a while.

If you don't find one, I'm pretty sure I have one lurking around the place that I can dig up and send you - but you'll have to wait till next week

TB

Think you maybe able to get one here

http://www.cooperagebrew.com.au/

He is at Smithfield

Rod

You were thinking correctly - cheers mate, picking it up tomorrow morning

Now I just found out that my Father inlaw put my digital scales into the dishwasher this morning............ The brew gods do not want me brewing tomorrow, but alas K-Mart is open til 9pm.......

Latest posts

Back