• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Unwanted Rubber Maid Cooler Or Esky

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JaCk_SpArRoW

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone would happen to have an any of these they are trying to get rid of....I thought I would start here & if no success, it looks like I'll just have to fork out the $$$ for one....trying to save the 'ol dollars for a house etc!!

G'Day Jack
You could pick up a good 20 odd litre esky for $20 at go-lo in Tuggeranong or Bunnings in Tuggers about the same price - thats where I'll be tomorrow morning - look for bits for my new tun.
Cheers
Steve

....and, if anyone has an unwanted Crankandstein mill taking up space in their shed :p :blink: :lol:

Steve said:
G'Day Jack
You could pick up a good 20 odd litre esky for $20 at go-lo in Tuggeranong or Bunnings in Tuggers about the same price - thats where I'll be tomorrow morning - look for bits for my new tun.
Cheers
Steve
[post="107775"][/post]​
Yeah I checked Go-Lo today steve but no go...I'll look at bunnings at some point over the weekend & hopefully find one!...cheers!

Jack
Are you going to staggers this arvo - hes volunteered to show exactly what bits we need? And quite possibly sample one of his beers.
Cheers
Steve

Steve said:
Jack
Are you going to staggers this arvo - hes volunteered to show exactly what bits we need? And quite possibly sample one of his beers.
Cheers
Steve
[post="107791"][/post]​
Nah, I wish I was mate...I'll have to pop in on him at a later stage...dammit! :angry: :angry:

I have a 19 litre Rubbermaid Cooler in perfect working condition with a slightly melted side ( got it too close to the gas burner ) works perfectly the genuine thing I will throw in a free plastic Phils Phalse bottom !!!!!!!!

Pumpy

Sorry Jack you were a bit slow off the mark got a hundred replys and went for the highest bidder ;)Pumpy

Not to forget the local Big W....... they throw ,every now and then, the 50lt Esky for $60...

fullendshotofherms4web.jpg

Well, this topic can now be considered irrelevant as I bit the bullet & went to 'that big hardware store' & bought a 25L Willow Esky last night for $24...BARGAIN....it wont do double batches but it sure as hell will do for partials & some AG when I get to that stage...IM STOKED!!...my brewery is coming along quite nicely!!!!!
I have a mate who works for a lucrative plumbing company here in Canberra & he has got me a butterfly tap ball valve & all the bits & pieces to go with it to make the drain for my kettle & for the mash tun so Im so stoked...the only this is I am working all day today & have my girls all day tomorrow so Im trying to find some spare time to knock it all together! I've also decided not to go with the braid but make a copper manifold from supplies from my plumbing friend....I love it when a plan comes together!!

Thanks anyway fellas! :super:

25 litre willow ones make ok mash tun still need to insulate it a bit then it fine u can squeeze in 6 kg of grain to a 3 litre 1 kg of grain

JaCk_SpArRoW said:
I've also decided not to go with the braid Thanks anyway fellas! :super:
[post="107911"][/post]​

Way to go Jack
You only made one mistake , but you can make a braid manifold later :lol:

Cheers
Batz

Bought my Keep Cold 10 Gal (38L) round cooler for $74 from BCF

Still kicking myself for not buying the unused 25L Willow esky I saw at a local Good Samaritan(sp?) store .... for $6!

Back