"unique Dissolving Tablet"

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rclemmett

Reaction score
I bought a 5g sachet of Brigalow finishing hops, "Unique dissolving tablet", from K-mart...... Having got it home I am now loathed to throw it in a brew, as I have a feeling it will more likely detract than enhance. Has anyone popped any of these pills?

I bought a 5g sachet of Brigalow finishing hops, "Unique dissolving tablet", from K-mart...... Having got it home I am now loathed to throw it in a brew, as I have a feeling it will more likely detract than enhance. Has anyone popped any of these pills?

I've popped many different pills but have never heard of hops as a "unique dissolving tablet". I'm with you and i would be in two minds about putting it in my wort.

Would it be a tablet form of hop extract? I think hop extract is available in liquid form and can be added to wort and dissolved??

Might be a option for increased convenience (long shelf like, no hop sediment etc) at the expense of control over the flavour/bittering.

I have seen these in K-mart too, but the brigalow name deters me from investigating further. Does it say anything about which hops it is?

Put it on your tongue and experience the 'unique dissolving' action first hand!!!! :p

P.S. Don't do this!

doesn't mention what kind of hops it is, just that it's a 'finishing hop tablet'

from the instructions on the packet, break the tablet in half, keep one half for another brew and only use one half of the tablet at a time. (per brew = half tablet) and put the half tablet in just after you pitch the yeast. This tablet has a slow release of "small oil-encased bubbles from the bottom of the fermenter promoting excellent transfer of hop oil components to the beer"

Does it say anything about which hops it is?

No such luck, those wile folks at Brigalow don't want to give anything away.

I say try it and see!

Having spent the last six hours making a beer makes me reluctant to throw something in I bought from K-mart :unsure:

No such luck, those wile folks at Brigalow don't want to give anything away.

Having spent the last six hours making a beer makes me reluctant to throw something in I bought from K-mart :unsure:

Sorry - just assumed kit beer :) (based on the fact you were buying stuff from Kmart)

:)

The best thing you can do with it is see how far you can throw it.

Save it for a One-Can half batch (2can equivalent). I wouldn't throw it in anything special.

Save it for a One-Can half batch (2can equivalent). I wouldn't throw it in anything special.

Prolly the safest option...................

So I gather that either no one has tried these or if someone has they wouldn't admit it anyway. When I do a one-can (I'm thinking a farmalnd lager) I'll let you all know how it....... errrr..... goes. :icon_cheers:

Serve in a cut-in-half tennis ball, Mr. Crack Fox!

Prolly the safest option...................

So I gather that either no one has tried these or if someone has they wouldn't admit it anyway. When I do a one-can (I'm thinking a farmalnd lager) I'll let you all know how it....... errrr..... goes. :icon_cheers:

Yeah I have seen them in K-Mart for years and never tried them once, wondered a couple times and took a look at them, but the fact they dont say what hop extract it is makes me put them back.
Never wanted to put them in my kit beers, would never put them in my AG's!

As someone else said apparently they wont say what's in it and hard to contact as well.
Turf it is my advice as it's contents is unknown.

Yeah I have seen them in K-Mart for years

Yep, the same ones everytime you go in. Never being bought, Just hangin' there, gettin' older... Would be interesting to see a usedby date on em.

Maybe you could use it instead of Berocca? :super:

I haven't seen them yet but a question comes to mind thou are they natural hop extract or artifical hop extract, I beg to ask because if they were natural, I think you'd say what type they were? But if they are artifical they wouldn't come from any hop, which might be good if your going for a Carlton Cold or TED etc....? (Caution: This bottle may contain traces of Malted Barley or Hops)

maybe we should start a rating system like bluelight? hahahaha

would go somthing like -

Name - Cascade Finishing Hops
Apperance - As large as a 10cent coin, bevelled edges, all white, hop logo pressed on front
AA% - Unknown
Taste - Shithouse
Rating - 1/5

It might be a FirePower tablet... So yeah, won't do anything.

Ah, so that is where the left over FirePower tablets went after they went bust leaving poor struggling sports stars out of pocket.

I still like the idea of disolving it on his tounge :wub:

Back