Unibroue Trois Pistoles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Currently have a bottle of the real stuff that I can harvest the yeast from. I'm assuming they use the same strain for bottling as for primary fermentation.

Just chanced upon a few Unibroue beers ... did you ever try reculturing this yeast? I'm tempted to give some dregs a wash and save it for later :chug:

was considering it, then found the wyeast private collection release and have been using that.

I've have successfully recultured some from a Terrible bottle.

I hate myself for this... But I laughed rather loudly at Shed101. Bravo sir, bravo. :)

Actually, I liked the Terrible least of their beers, and I wouldn't buy it again. Trois Pistoles and Fin Du Mond, on the other hand are fantastic.

I guess it could have been the handling of the bottle or something....

T.

Feel free to send any Terrible bottles my way then - I love it, although I would probably rate Trois Pistoles higher - just.

Trois Pistoles, Maudite, Terrible, 17, La Fin Du Monde in that order are IMHO the best beers I have ever tasted.

I tried the first recipe posted with the Willamette and Mt Hood hops and it tasted nothing like the real thing in a side-by-side. Yet to try the BC recipe, but it's on my to do list...just waiting for Ross to get the Wyeast Can/Belg.

you left out 16, raftsman and fringate.
ive tried the beer captured one, worked out reasonable if you dont drink while making it and forget about it.

you left out 16, raftsman and fringate.
ive tried the beer captured one, worked out reasonable if you dont drink while making it and forget about it.
Didn't get a chance to try them, or Don De Dieu

Didn't get a chance to try them, or Don De Dieu

I've just been lucky and snagged some Chambly, Maudite, Fin du monde, Trois Pistoles.

Anyone on the sunny coast who's after some PM me and i'll let you know where to go ;)

Back