Undercarbonated

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmmm I did use an extra 500g of LDME with brew enhancer #2, so I am thinking I might be in the same situation as you.
I like higher alcohol beers you see :chug:

EDIT: I don't have the luxury of kegs either.
I doubt your up at the 12% mark. I also has 2 packs of yeast adn 1 pack of champaigne yeast in there (which i should have rehydrated or made a starter). Im sure your just needs time to carb up.

Sorry to harp on about this, but should I be bringing all my lagers inside? I brought in about 12 in stubbies, the rest are in longies still in the shed.

I went out to the shed and gave them all a good shake and I noticed how cold the bottles are.

Will leaving the others out in the cold harm/kill any remaining yeast?

Can they sit safely in the shed whilst I wait to see if bringing some in to the warmth and shaking them up works? or should I be bringing all of them in to avoid the risk of flat beer?

Never had this before when hand priming, this is my first bulk prime, so I hope it isn't that.

Don't shake them. Don't worry about the bulk priming because how, logically, can that be a cause of the undercarbonation? You added plenty of sugar to do the job. There is always enough yeast in solution, even in clear beer, to do the job. So until you have eliminated temperature as the cause, then that is what you have to go on. Given that we are pretty sure that the problem is one of temperature, and given that yeast work better the younger they are, then I would certainly be bringing all your bottles inside (and monitoring the temperature) for a couple of weeks. It is a process of elimination. If that simple solution doesn't work, then and only then should you worry about other causes and possible remedies.

Back