Tubular Space Heaters

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,

This has probably been discussed before but I couldn't find much when searching. Has anyone come across a local Aussie source for tubular space heaters like this?

upload_2018-8-23_10-2-50.png

All the adds on eBay seem to be UK based. I'm pretty well aware of other alternatives, and have an "adequate" setup using a heat mat in my FF at the moment, but these look so neat and tidy mounted in a fridge I'd like to go that route myself.

Thanks,
Steve

Yeah I had seen those a while back, but thought they looked too big (I only have a little bar fridge for an FF) and wrote them off until you suggested it. Now that I think about it again, I suppose it's all a matter of which way I mount it, and it could probably just go vertical instead of horizontally down the bottom like I see most example online. The other thing is, I'm up-scaling, so these should be fine in a bigger fridge. Thanks for the suggestion!

I had the same issue trying to find a short 45watt , no luck only could find ones at 900 mm long.

From what I read you can only mount these horizontally.

If you search for glasshouse/ greenhouse heaters you will be on the right track.

If you go to eBay and search for "Cartridge Heater" there are thousands, very inexpensive and lots of different sizes, wattages, voltages...
Like this, this one is about 10mm*150mm, 250W 220V and is listed for less than $7.00
upload_2018-8-25_7-1-14.png

A long thin low wattage one would be best, mount it on some spring tool slips and it will heat a fridge or what ever very effectively.
Better yet to just put a small fan in the fridge, it will improve the heat distribution and the rate of cooling as well as supplying enough heat to mean you wont need a heater.
Mark

Latest posts

Back