Trying To Determine Off Flavours.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enrol yourself in a BJCP course, you dont have to take the exam but you will learn heaps in particular the sensory skills. Doing the BJCP will not make you a beer judge but it will expand your horizons...

K

Mate that's a great idea. I would Really enjoy doing something like that. Even to improve my tasting skills for good beers which are just as bad as my skills for detecting off flavours. I can say a beer tastes nice and is very hoppy but still need to learn about mouthfeel etc

Mate that's a great idea. I would Really enjoy doing something like that. Even to improve my tasting skills for good beers which are just as bad as my skills for detecting off flavours. I can say a beer tastes nice and is very hoppy but still need to learn about mouthfeel etc

it's great, the worse part is I kept coming home to create a recipe for a new type of beer each week :)

it's great, the worse part is I kept coming home to create a recipe for a new type of beer each week :)

I know that feeling... and most of it is from reading this forum. Today I am already considering adding a Hibiscus beer to the ever increasing list in my under utilised brewery!

I know that feeling... and most of it is from reading this forum. Today I am already considering adding a Hibiscus beer to the ever increasing list in my under utilised brewery!

So many beers...So little time.... :)

Have just tasted Truman's steam beer and scotch ale.

Steam beer does indeed, as far as I can tell, have a distinct green apple flavour. No sourness, no vinegar.

Scotch ale is just a big beer that needs more time. Nothing wrong with it - lovely toffee, caramel flavours. Could use a bigger body and head (I refer only to the beer) but flavour wise is bang on.

Adam: brewclubs are a good way to find out about BJCP courses.

Where abouts can one do a BJCP course? Does anyone have any details?

Adam, If you let people know where you live you might get a better response. The Canberra Brewers run BCJP courses for club members.

Latest posts

Back