Totally Ridiculous Hop Situation

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A tasty way to use up some of those hops is not to add any bittering (60 min) hops.
I recently did a 35L batch and used no bittering hops, but added 250g of hops (4 different types) over the last 15mins at 3 min intervals. Ended up with the desired bitterness, but the flavour... :icon_drool2:

I only have 4 varietes of hops in the freezer.

Though i have 450g of each.

Geez I thought I was bad with a little over 2kgs of the little green pellets. You guys make me feel normal! I love AHB

you can never have enough hops!!!.
IMG_0153.jpg :icon_drool2:

Was that just before you put down your Pliny clone, CM?

You're not out of control. That looks like the contents of the top shelve of my hop freezer. Then there is the bottom shelve and the overflow in the drink fridges freezer :p

Doc

I don't think I have the quantity of hops that you do ... but I too need help - and lots of it!
hops.jpg

In about a month or so all the hop rhizomes (bags on the floor) will need to be planted, a hop trellis built and a drip watering system setup.
There are also another 5 shopping-bags of hop plant/rhizomes at my parents, lucky they are away and don't need the fridge space.

Something indicates a "Hop-burst" may be required... :icon_cheers:

this is verging on hop-p0rn and I'm close to drooling!
Very envious..

I don't think I have the quantity of hops that you do ... but I too need help - and lots of it!
hops.jpg

In about a month or so all the hop rhizomes (bags on the floor) will need to be planted, a hop trellis built and a drip watering system setup.
There are also another 5 shopping-bags of hop plant/rhizomes at my parents, lucky they are away and don't need the fridge space.

Those rhizome's look familiar :icon_cheers:

I've been told that my paltry 1kg and a bit of hops is too much by the naysayers (ie. women in the house).

I should show them your stash, Wolfy.

I have a ridiculous hop situation too. Half-a-dozen varieties from craftbrewer and all the labels have worn off in the freezer.

Anyone up for a game of scratch and sniff?

Sell and brew those things before we have the great 'cheesy hops and why my beer tastes like ass' thread!

Scotty

Yeah, a freezer full of stinky, resiny, green leafy stuff doesn't seem suss at all... :unsure:

I thought my hop woes were gone after using 500g of flowers in a whole batch, but low and behold, I just managed to take stock of my hop situation this week and I still have easily 1/2kg each of Topaz and NS, and another kg of various others.
Feels like IPA season...

That looks like half my freezer Bribie...

And you guys are wondering why I do 10 min IPAs?

Latest posts

Back