Top 1 near Sydney

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Hello. I'm in Sydney for work until the 23rd of May...assuming nothing becomes buggered.

I'd appreciate your top brewery to seek while I'm here. I have a rental car and I'm willing to drive a bit - especially if it includes a nice hike. I knew to find Little Creatures, and they do not disappoint. A customer at the local bottle shop recommended Stone Wood - and wow, its fantastic and I'd have finished the 6 tonight if I were not so jetlagged (I feel as if I had) - as good as the best Pale Ale from home (Oregon) and possibly better. She also recommended Coopers' Pale, which surprised me, but I could only carry so much at once.

Prost

PS. I see that Mash Master is a sponsor. I bought a MM mill years ago because it was all stainless - the shipping cost was outrageous - but what a fantastic mill!

Pop out to Marrickville and visit Batch brewery, The Griffter, Wildflower, Sauce and Willie the Boatman. Wayward is in Camperdown and Akasha is only a relatively short drive away in Five Dock.

Those options are all close to the city, plus the northern beaches options in Modus operandi and Nomad. Enjoy

If your around the southside of Sydney, the Sutherland Shire drop into Hairyman Brewery at Taren Point and Shark Island Brewery at Kirrawee.

Thanks!

Out of curiosity; the nutritional facts on the Little Creatures container claims 10g Sodium per serving (bottle). That seems like a lot. I presume this is from the water source, brackish? Is this common for municipal water supplies in parts of AU? The water from the faucet at the hotel in Sydney seems a little salty - soft, not crisp.

Does all that sodium not make brewing difficult?

My home water source is a well, with very little Na but 180 moles of Ca, and the municipal water is mostly runoff from the mountains with little of anything.

Lord Nelson
Hart’s Pub
Endeavour

All at the Rocks, stumble home

Back