Tools For Bottling

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jiesu

Reaction score
So I had a pretty mamoth day of bottling 3 batches in one go yesterday. TOok forever and I lost probably 4 or 5 longnecks due to poor equipment. Not to mention probably oxidizing 1/4 of the
bottles as well.

I just used the plastic bottling rods with gravity/pressure valves on the end, the same ones that come in the kits. I have two of them and both of them continually fell apart while bottling. It seems with the very cool beer it caused the plastic to contract and then would make the valve peice break apart and I would then have to poor the longnect out to retrieve the peices to stick it all back together again. VERY FRUSTRATING!

Just wanted to see if anyone had an alternative to the standard plastic bottle filling plastic rod.

BTW Kegs are not a feasable alternative for a $5 plastic bottling rod.

(Is this called a racking cane?)

its a bottling wand, i normally let my beer warm back up as it also decreases the amount of dissolved co2 in the solution.

I use one bottling wand on the tap then a length of tubing to another wand with the pressure cut off end on there and have done this for years. Still do despite kegging now as well.

I find the hose allows more freedom and after bulk priming the batch bottling takes little to no time.

I use one bottling wand on the tap then a length of tubing to another wand with the pressure cut off end on there and have done this for years. Still do despite kegging now as well.

I find the hose allows more freedom and after bulk priming the batch bottling takes little to no time.

I also use a 2 meter length of plastic tube 1 end pushed onto the tap the other end onto a pressure cutoff rod and bottle on the floor, heaps easier than holding bottles, and I can cap while filling bottles, and electrical tape to hold the valve together

When I was bottling all the time I had the same problem, so I just Superglued mine together. These days when I bottle I just use a 5/6" diameter PVC hose and siphon, small enough to crimp it over between bottles and control the flow easily.

Gavo.

I also use a 2 meter length of plastic tube 1 end pushed onto the tap the other end onto a pressure cutoff rod and bottle on the floor, heaps easier than holding bottles, and I can cap while filling bottles, and electrical tape to hold the valve together

Yeah I run out of the tap through about 2 meters of hose to the wand.
I thought about electrical tape but had concerns about the sanitation of the tape. Maybe I will try using super glue.

Back