Tooheys Lager Opinon ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hendos

Reaction score
Hi

Just got a can from a mate of the tooheys lager.

Just curious peoples review etc or ideas what to add to it.

Havnt brewed a tooheys as of yet usally use coopers.

Horrendous at first, but after i let it age (im talking about 2/3 months MINIMUM) it wasnt too bad.

Alot better stuff out there though, but they're pretty bloody cheap which is good.

find a recipe where you can add some hops..there not a bad base for something better..

when i started brewing i bought the tooheys kit and not knowing much about names and so on started brewing tooheys. i dont see any problems with it. i have brewed more with tooheys then i have with coopers. i like the lager. its refreshing and a light drink beer. good for summer i say.

when i started brewing i bought the tooheys kit and not knowing much about names and so on started brewing tooheys. i dont see any problems with it. i have brewed more with tooheys then i have with coopers. i like the lager. its refreshing and a light drink beer. good for summer i say.

I will find out tommrow when i pour my first mate. still only 2 weeks in bootle so see how it goes.

might be a little early mate also i would place it in the fridge for a bit. not just tooheys but all beer tast a little more better

Just thought i would comment considering iv drained all my kegs dry and at this moment i happen to be drinking a tooheys brewed in february 10. In my experience of Tooheys, the trick is to forget about it for a good 6 months and mature the crap out of it. Its a nice dry brew considering the price and could definately do with some hops! Maybe a Cascade or a Saaz? Something with a little cirtus behind it to kick it in the ass and balance out the flavour,

Good brewing

well isent the tooheys and coopers cans about the same price.

I think the tooheys starter kit is better. i noticed coopers changed their kit a little. at least the tooheys kits comes with a proper clamp thingy to close to bottles when a cousin of mine bought the coopers it can with a thing that you need to hammer the tops down.

Latest posts

Back