• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Tooheys Keg Coupler

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claymen

Reaction score
Came with my kit, not needed.

Brand new never used.

$40 shipped anywhere in Aus (standard express post satchell)

100_1951.JPG_595.jpg

mate thats not a tooheys keg coupler , however i am interested ... if you can help me identify it...

its either the CUB type coupling or an "s"type ...

very hard to tell the difference between a cub and an s type though schooey , without actually measuring the pin that comes down ...

so clay if you could extend the plunger and measure it , it will positively identify it ...

That thar, is something that came with a Chinese kegorator, so measure the actual pin on the actual fitting in question, cos they are all probably different.

Yeah.. true. But the red handle kinda looks like the Carlton one I got on Ebay, so I just assumed (yeah yeah I know the saying) ... like GL and Barra said, best to be sure

isnt that what i just said lurker ?? , if it came with a kegarator which im guessin it did , its more than likely the type that will fit a cub keg , but there is a small chance it may be the 's' type coupler which look remarkably similar only the plunger is a little longer ..

Yer came in the kegerator kit. I have no use for it.

I thought it looked similar to the Tooheys one but hey I could be wrong.

Is this what you were looking for? Seems to be about 52mm.
100_1958.JPG_595.jpg

Here is another shot
100_1950.JPG_595.jpg

I've never used nor owned one before so was comparing the look of it on eBay lol

I think you are right though, after another look on some home brew places with better shots it looks much more like a CUB.

These are some comments from Kegexpert on these couplers.
The link does not work anymore but it is the same one.

Man that thread is a gigantic flame fest, almost as gold as the keg debate.

Not quite sure of what to make of it, theres a bunch of people bitching one way and others bitching the other, and with some of the details don't fit either :(

In any case it looks like the CUB ones that most places sell..

tooheys couplers are flat on the bottom and slide onto the keg. they dont have the 'corkscrew' twist on fitting that the cub ones have. i have 2 tooheys and 1 cub couplers.

that thar look like cub.

No worries, well if a mod wants to update the title...

Back