Too Much Hops

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I brewed a pale ale about 5 months ago which included 160gm of Cascade and 40gm of Amarillo in the last 15 minutes and it was too hoppy.. Tasted like pineapple juice to start with.. It has only just come good last weekend, and as luck would have it the keg blew out on me during the week!!

with those addittions, you could add it too a pims or an advocaate,, anything too hide "pineapple juice"
what yeast did you use and how bad was this beer? i envisage that 200gm 15 minute :icon_vomit:
each to their own though and congratulations on emptying a keg.

with those addittions, you could add it too a pims or an advocaate,, anything too hide "pineapple juice"
what yeast did you use and how bad was this beer? i envisage that 200gm 15 minute :icon_vomit:
each to their own though and congratulations on emptying a keg.

Used WLP007.. It seriously tasted like concentrated, bitter pineapple juice!!! After 5 months it was tops though. Probably could have got the same result in 1 month by using a fraction of the hops i used though. You live and you learn!

Latest posts

Back