Tonight's Sampling...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tk75

Reaction score
Well I have just had my first IPA, a James Squire. Not bad, nice maltyness to it and quite a good bittering there too. Quite dark for what I was expecting so it's a great learning process(at least that is what I tell everyone!!)

I have also on the sample table - Holgate Pilsner and Belle-Vue Kriek(Cherry Lambic Ale). I'll report back shortly...

:chug: :chug: :chug:

Well I have just had my first IPA, a James Squire. Not bad, nice maltyness to it and quite a good bittering there too. Quite dark for what I was expecting so it's a great learning process(at least that is what I tell everyone!!)

I have also on the sample table - Holgate Pilsner and Belle-Vue Kriek(Cherry Lambic Ale). I'll report back shortly...

:chug: :chug: :chug:
Hi maltaddict

Also downing a JS IPA tonite. havent had one for a while and had forgotten how nioe it is.

Also on the menu tonight is a Delirium Tremens. Another favourite drop

Cheers
Jimmy

Hi maltaddict

Also downing a JS IPA tonite. havent had one for a while and had forgotten how nioe it is.

Also on the menu tonight is a Delirium Tremens. Another favourite drop

Cheers
Jimmy

Nice one Jimmy :party:

I have almost finished the Holgate Pilsner...a bit hazey, no head. Now I'm no beer aficionado(yet!! ;) ) but this is just a little bland, IMO. Mind you it's still better than a megaswill! Definately hangin for summer, had a beez neez in between, this is such a top hot weather bev. Chilled to the bone, bloody great! :beerbang: I must try the other honey/wheats available!!

Having the Belle-Vue soon...

get yourself a bottle or 10 of Hoegargen's forbiden fruit.

:wub:

heven for an athiest like me :)

Any of you trying and enjoying the JS IPA want to try it on tap.

I love IPAs and had always been slightly disappointed with this beer.

Then I had it on tap. The hop flavour was much more present and closer to what an english IPA should be.

That's what I think at least...

P.S. Tony. Ross bought along bottle of your choke a Pom IPA to my place tonight.

That is one hell of a big beer all round. Tasty though!

yeah its BIG alright :)

glad you liked it.

cheers

Nice one Jimmy :party:

I have almost finished the Holgate Pilsner...a bit hazey, no head. Now I'm no beer aficionado(yet!! ;) ) but this is just a little bland, IMO. Mind you it's still better than a megaswill! Definately hangin for summer, had a beez neez in between, this is such a top hot weather bev. Chilled to the bone, bloody great! :beerbang: I must try the other honey/wheats available!!

Having the Belle-Vue soon...

lol, of course a pils is going to taste bland after a JS IPA :p

Back