Tokyo Breweries, Pubs, etc - Recommendations Please

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xander

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone can recommend any good places for some good craft beer in Tokyo? I'll be over there in late October / Early November (for the Wallabies v Japan game for the Rugby fans out there....??)

Is there anywhere you could recommend? I will be staying in the Minato area, and will also be close to Yebisu brewery which I have heard is very good. I've had a couple of their beers and so far, so good.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

I don't know about particular pubs but

there are these little restaurants (chain "fast food" maybe) that do ten gyoza's and a pint / stein for about $7 around the place that are Yum Yum :) A Great snack when you are thirsty

Golden Gai area is fun, i had a fun night with 3 locals who worked for YKK zipper company (2 Japanese and one Chinese) . Lots of funny drunken discussion with a endless rounds of drinks rounds happening.

The Bar scene in tokyo is huge from tiny to large just depends on what style you want

Thanks guys!
Jez - Popeyes was confirmed today as a must do!
Can't wait!

Just wondering if anyone can recommend any good places for some good craft beer in Tokyo? I'll be over there in late October / Early November (for the Wallabies v Japan game for the Rugby fans out there....??)

Is there anywhere you could recommend? I will be staying in the Minato area, and will also be close to Yebisu brewery which I have heard is very good. I've had a couple of their beers and so far, so good.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Hey mate

I was there in April and visited that one it was great.

We just walked around and then brought a few tasters (4 beer set) if memory serves me correct.

As for craft beers i found a bottle shop and just brought up big time.

Craig

Bottleos, depachika basement liquor shops have a good selection.

I went up to Kawagoe for kolcha stuffz and there was a small brewery serving beer off tap on the street. One was sweet potato based.

Lucky to have been to Tokyo a few times now for work a few faves:
1 - Craftheads Shibuya Awesome food great beer selection a little exy
2 - DevilCraft Hamamatsucho - Great Craft beer selection domestic and American fantastic deep pan chicago style pizza
3 - Watering hole - Yoyogi great beer selection awesome dudes
4 - Antenna America - Yokomaha area (Kanda) fantastic American craft selection all cold shipped from the states really fresh and you can buy and drink straight from the fridges or taps, food ok, lots of beer paraphernalia. No warm beer on shelves here !!
5 - Lots of Belgian beer and English pubs too, you won't have to look too hard
6 - Make sure you drink plenty of Japanese mainstream beer, i love that stuff too Suntory Premium malts is fantastic
7 - If your feeling adventurous "ThrashZone" in Yokohama do all Extreme beers and death metal !! No beer here under about 9% Owner can be a little grumpy but a cool place

Enjoy your trip Japan is an amazing place

Latest posts

Back