To Keg Or Not To Keg? Xmas Getting In The Way!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chadjaja

Reaction score
I've got an apa in secondary thats had a stack of galaxy flowers sitting in it since Sunday. Normally I'd leave it for a further 7 days then keg.

BUT will be gone from xmas eve till I'd say the 28th..... Pushing over 10 days.... Going to be a hot weekend too so I lose the ability to monitor it and make sure it doesn't heat up too much.....

Should I bit the bullet and keg earlier than normal or leave it and say it should be fine inside to heat up to a bit...? Leaning to just kegging it Friday with a 5 day dry hop and whack it in the keezer.

Don't normally dry hop with flowers so just testing the waters here on leaving it longer and warmer...

First year I've actually planned things out so when the in laws drink me out of beer I have full kegs to replace them :icon_chickcheers:

IMO - keg it, that way when you get back it'll be on it's way to being carbed and ready to drink! Or give it a sample to see if your happy with the amount of flavour and aroma coming from the flowers - if not then leaving it can help.

In my experience keg it on Friday, otherwise you'll worry about it all the time. It won't make any difference, kegged beer loses alot of it's aroma from dry hopping anyway. :beerbang:

Back