Time To Get Funky

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3G

Reaction score
Howdy

I have 40 litres of wheat 50/50 pils/malted wheat and was thinking of adding peaches or cherries and a wild/sour bacteria to half. I know the 3068 and malted wheat isnt true to style but should be fine. Any tips on bottled beers available in Adelaide that i can use the dregs from for this apart from Orval. Or what of the wyeast blends or wild yeasts is a good starter.
Cheers

I reckon if you just added the cherries to the secondary you'd be fine without any other bacteria. But let us know how it goes.

Or, sour cherries??

I made a strawberry wheat once for my wife. Well, she did get one or two bottles!!!!

Cheers, yeah it would be fine, But i do want to get some further sourness/tartness with the addition of other bacteria

maybe just simply make a lambic then leave it for 3 months then chuck some cherries with the pitts in and leave for a while... this way you'd achieve more cherry flavour as i'm pretty sure when fruits added early it fades away as the brett and other beasties take over

Back