Thermometers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AndrewQLD said:
Still waiting.....They could arrive today hopefully.
I am going to send the ebay guy an email if they don't come today just to chase it up and find out how far along we are, I am raring to brew but have no thermometer so it is all on that.

Did you order yours from ebay?

I did, they said they would leave last monday, so I am keen too :D .
Can you let us know what happens re delivery?

cheers
Andrew
[post="71477"][/post]​
Will do mate. Mine were supposed to of been mailed on the 3rd so they should be here anytime now.

I would be in on a group buy from OneTemp or the US.

[/quote]

Brizbrew, Have you got your thermos yet, I just ordered a pair :p and was wondering how long yours took to get here by airmail.

Cheers
Andrew
[post="71455"][/post]​
[/quote]

Ordered a pair?, I thought I you won it on ebay. There was this pair of Tel tru on auction with no body bidding for it and only a day to go. I thought I just watch this and I also made an offer for them. Unfortunately for me and lucky for you, I forgot to follow through and you had no opposition...Such is life...

:beer:
PeterS....

johnno said:
roach said:
Did some research recently on finding some reasonably priced bimetal thermos availably locally. I came across a crowd call OneTemp who have 4 inch dial/6 inch stem with a range of 0-120 for around $30. They are 304SS and 1/2" BSP. Unfortunately the local Adelaide office were out of stock and expecting more in a few weeks.

Can't vouch for their quality/performance and no affiliation blah blah blah, but might be a good alternative if you can't get bargain through ebay etc.

I will likely be getting one for my HLT and will report back on its performance against my NIST certified digitherm I did a mini bulk buy(only 2 :D ) for recently.
[post="71458"][/post]​

Sounds good roach.
Let us know how you get on with them.

johnno
[post="71469"][/post]​
Here is the link to the bi metal thermos on the one temp site if you are having trouble finding it.

I see the same mob also sell these. How would they go in logging temps for brewing?

This is the link on the one temp site showing the product.

Once again no affiliations, but curious to know whether us brewers could use this bit of kit. I need to top up my 'to buy' list as it has been a big year gear wise :blink:

Cheers roach, I was one of those people who couldnt find them :p

Would the top one on the list be the way to go?

Jye said:
Would the top one on the list be the way to go?
[post="71493"][/post]​
Yes I would have thought so, and the one with the 0-120 range. I note these are 1.5% accuracy of scale, which is 1.8 deg C. This should be acceptable for a HLT. I wonder what people's experiences are with bi-metals are wrt their actual vs published accuracy.

roach said:
johnno said:
roach said:
Did some research recently on finding some reasonably priced bimetal thermos availably locally. I came across a crowd call OneTemp who have 4 inch dial/6 inch stem with a range of 0-120 for around $30. They are 304SS and 1/2" BSP. Unfortunately the local Adelaide office were out of stock and expecting more in a few weeks.

Can't vouch for their quality/performance and no affiliation blah blah blah, but might be a good alternative if you can't get bargain through ebay etc.

I will likely be getting one for my HLT and will report back on its performance against my NIST certified digitherm I did a mini bulk buy(only 2 :D ) for recently.
[post="71458"][/post]​

Thanks for that info Roach. I checked with their Brisbane Office and unfortunately the news from them was not very encouraging. It appears that their head office in Adelaide has discontinued this item due to lack of demand and unlikely to get some more in. (Yet, he told me that I was the third person that asked for it today). Since you received advice from Head Office that they will be getting more in, could you let us know if and when they have some. This seems to be the cheapest to date...

:chug:
PeterS....

Peter Shane said:
Thanks for that info Roach. I checked with their Brisbane Office and unfortunately the news from them was not very encouraging. It appears that their head office in Adelaide has discontinued this item due to lack of demand and unlikely to get some more in. (Yet, he told me that I was the third person that asked for it today). Since you received advice from Head Office that they will be getting more in, could you let us know if and when they have some. This seems to be the cheapest to date...

:chug:
PeterS....
[post="71498"][/post]​
Just spoke to the guy in their Adelaide office. They sell 100mm dial, 150mm probe and 0-120 range for $41 plus GST. A bit more than I was led to believe. According to the guy they have one in stock in their Adelaide Office and one Brisbane. He also said they would be ordering more very soon.

This price doesn't seem the bargain it first appeared. Oh well back to the drawing board and surfing ebay.

Any idea of the price for the 63mm dial? Do you really need a 100mm dial?

Jye said:
Any idea of the price for the 63mm dial? Do you really need a 100mm dial?
[post="71505"][/post]​
the 63mm dial one is apparently $25. I was planning ahead for when my eyesight goes in a few years time :lol:

I was thinking the 100mm dial might be useful since I drink while brewing :chug:

What about the 125mm monster sundial. This can be viewed totally pissed. :lol:

Warren -

That thermometer can be viewed from the Moon... without a telescope :lol:

Yep that's warren we can see walking around on the lense

warrenlw63 said:
What about the 125mm monster sundial. This can be viewed totally pissed. :lol:

Warren -
[post="71510"][/post]​

"aah. yooz can seez that the wterz is 93.345 degreez. It supoozed to beez 76. eh - whoz carz. bottumz up!"

:D

Borret said:
Yep that's warren we can see walking around on the lense
[post="71515"][/post]​

Well bugger me if you're not right. :lol:

Warren -

The thermometers arrived from the US today, I give one of them a quick unscientific test and it seemed to work. :lol: The dials ARE like sundials..I feel a part of the club now, I can read the thing from the neighbours garden. :blink:

Ag this weekend. :super:

Back