The Perfect Carbonation For A Keg Of Drsmurto's Golden Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beermonster17

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am looking forewards to filling my first keg with DrSmurto's Golden Ale but i'm not sure on the perfect method of getting the correct carbonation. I have the standard 19L kegs with a co2 bottle and reg. Any tips guys cheers,
beermonster17.

If you don't need/want to drink the beer very quick and can spare 7-10 days I would set the gas at 80-100kpa for a week, test and leave on if not fizzy enough for a few more days or turn it down to serving pressure and keep drinking!

My experience with the quick carbing method is pour head retention and larger bubbles.

If you don't need to rush then why "force" it. :)

If you don't need/want to drink the beer very quick and can spare 7-10 days I would set the gas at 80-100kpa for a week, test and leave on if not fizzy enough for a few more days or turn it down to serving pressure and keep drinking!

My experience with the quick carbing method is pour head retention and larger bubbles.

If you don't need to rush then why "force" it. :)

I totally agree with Aus.
Beer temp @ 4deg, reg set @ 80kpa for 7 days will give you around 2.5vol/co2. Perfect carbonation level for this one.

Crusty

Back