The Missus Bless Her Cotton Socks

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feral Shane

Reaction score
:rolleyes: After my first brew (Partial), I'm still smilin at how good it is. I was intending on using Gavo's recipe for an English Special Bitter, I was all set to make the 90 km round trip to the HB shop to buy my ingredients, when my Missus says.... OH whilst I was at the shops (Safeway) I got you a home brew so you don't need to travel all that way now. Sure enough she had in her hand a can of (wont mention the brand) bitter. My reaction 'Gee thanks sweetheart I'll just pop that in the garage for now'. All that week I was trying to come up with reasons (read excuses) to make the trip to town. None of them were ant good as she countered each one of them. Not wanting to resort to brewing the can she got me but having an itch that needs to be scratched I asked a mate who was coming down for the weekend to pick me up some ingredients. It ended up being too hard for the lazy sod, he didn't get what I wanted, instead he got me a Premium Recipe Kit for a James Squire Amber Ale. So I will be putting that down this weekend instead of a Partial English Special Bitter, not the same but it will give me beer. Sorry Gavo I will get to your recipe eventually.

Jeez mate, thats a hard luck story. (your missus bought you a homebrew, of like ANYTHING). :eek:
You should bless her cotton socks :D

Where in Vic are you ??

Mix it up, pour it in and acidently leave the tap open........................ Oh no..... now i need to go to town and get more!

Easy!

Mix it up, pour it in and acidently leave the tap open........................ Oh no..... now i need to go to town and get more!

Easy!

Jeezus Tony.... How many times have you been married??

SWMBO absolutely despises the aromas that come out of the kettle, but it didn't stop her getting me a Marga mill for the birthday

She understands that you can always make any beer better with additives....

banghead.gif
nooooo!

If that's the recipe I think it is......it's not just a shame, its a travesty.

Holy cow what a read.

There are three people in your story to get a beer under way, one of which is you.

I suggest you ditch one other for a more reliable one, leaving two reliable, and one new one.

Which way you go depends on how well your mates listen

:lol:

:lol: My sides are hurting from lauging.

Easy!

And if you do this you will have to act all distracted at the time. And a good idea to have the tap over the bench. Otherwise you might be checking out how big the doghouse is. :eek:

A simple tip Feral Ale Drinker. Don't rely on non-brewers to get it right. Use the above sponsor and Use the good old Australia Post. I live an 8 hour return trip from Craftbrewer. last Package was three recipes and I got it in two days by post.

Get online a order it now!!

Cheers
Gavo.

Jeezus Tony.... How many times have you been married??

Just once....... for several years now :rolleyes:

I love shopping on line. I work long hours and the convenience of it turning up at my door while im at work and find it sitting on the bench in my garage when i get home.........sometimes within 24 hrs is worth every cent of postage.

cheers

:rolleyes: After my first brew (Partial), I'm still smilin at how good it is. I was intending on using Gavo's recipe for an English Special Bitter, I was all set to make the 90 km round trip to the HB shop to buy my ingredients, when my Missus says.... OH whilst I was at the shops (Safeway) I got you a home brew so you don't need to travel all that way now. Sure enough she had in her hand a can of (wont mention the brand) bitter. My reaction 'Gee thanks sweetheart I'll just pop that in the garage for now'. All that week I was trying to come up with reasons (read excuses) to make the trip to town. None of them were ant good as she countered each one of them. Not wanting to resort to brewing the can she got me but having an itch that needs to be scratched I asked a mate who was coming down for the weekend to pick me up some ingredients. It ended up being too hard for the lazy sod, he didn't get what I wanted, instead he got me a Premium Recipe Kit for a James Squire Amber Ale. So I will be putting that down this weekend instead of a Partial English Special Bitter, not the same but it will give me beer. Sorry Gavo I will get to your recipe eventually.

And I am still amused with the story. We all know that most SWMBO's, bless their cotton socks and all, just don't understand. :p

View attachment 24717
nooooo!

If that's the recipe I think it is......it's not just a shame, its a travesty.

Definitely a travesty for Mr Feral. I will be brewing another of these in two weeks with the addition of some carared. Can't wait to see how it goes. :icon_drool2:

Cheers
Gavo.

LOL. I must be one of the lucky ones. She's all for me buying homebrew paraphernalia :p

As long as I get a nod on the final product. Just spent $150 on odds and ends.

Definitely a travesty for Mr Feral. I will be brewing another of these in two weeks with the addition of some carared. Can't wait to see how it goes. :icon_drool2:

mmm. 6/3/1.5 % red/aroma/carafa. Schwing! ;)

Back