The Fridgemate Rocks

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stindall

Reaction score
I gotta say, the Fridgemate really rocks. Very simple to setup and combined with a heatpad, belt, lightbulb in fridge, or whatever heating method you use, it makes brewing so much easier.

In Sydney we have just had 2 days of winter weather out of the blue. My brew room (AKA the laundry) dropped from an average ambient temp of 20C over the past 2 weeks to 12C and 9C respectively over the past 2 nights. I am brewing a couple of Belgians at the moment that i want to ferment at 22C. I have a Fridgemate with a probe in the fermenter and sitting on a heatpad and it hasn't deviated more that 1 degree. Its been 21 or 22C constantly.

Awesome result for less than $50 investment.

I reckon this is a great bit of kit and recommend it highly for new brewers (like me) to get a consistent ferment temp.

Steve..

PS. I have no interest in or connection to MashMaster or the Fridgemate in any way.

I've had my fridgemate for a few weeks now and am also very happy with it, used more for cooling up here though. If I was on the ball I probably would have waited and got a temp mate instead though, only about $20 more and can heat and cool at once, even better for temperature control if you've got large swings in temp.

I've had my fridgemate for a few weeks now and am also very happy with it, used more for cooling up here though. If I was on the ball I probably would have waited and got a temp mate instead though, only about $20 more and can heat and cool at once, even better for temperature control if you've got large swings in temp.

Im in the same boat as you earle, the temp mate would have been a treat last night as it got to about thirteen degrees up here last night, running the brews at 19. Both my fermenters dropped their yeast last night, it might turn out to be slightly under attenuated, but Im still happy.
Dropped an ounce of Williamette on each.

Latest posts

Back