The Ex Came Round Today

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
I was cleaning out the brewery today and suddenly my 2 boys ( in their early 20s) popped in - Hey Dad - Haven't seen them for a few weeks, they live with Mum at Woodford. Divorced 15 years ago and she has remarried for about 12 years to a German immigrant - top guy actually. They have taken charge of a retired airport drug doggie "Molly" and were taking her for a run on the dog beach on the Island and dropped in on their way home.

Mum and husband were hanging out the front at the car but we all went out for a chat including my SWMBO who gets on well with them and loves my boys to bits. After fussing the new dog, ended up in the brewery and sampled a couple of Munich Dunkels etc, guy reckons my pronunciation of Hallertau Mittelfruh is spot on :) Dog is a cracker and my hops were driving her wild :lol:
Great chat and we all went on our way.. I get on better with ex and can be myself with her far better than when I was married, and boys as well.

The point is that for any younger guys or girls on the forum, if you are going through a separation and think it's your life over, don't despair. Quite often (not always of course) it will work out with time and at the end of the day you can come out of the tunnel and place it all firmly behind you and can even gain new mutual respect and a continuing good relationship with the ex. Very important if there are kids in the mix.

:icon_cheers:

Hey Bribie, it's good to hear about the rare occasions when a seemly situation turns out to be the best thing for all concerned. :icon_cheers:

I was cleaning out the brewery today and suddenly my 2 boys ( in their early 20s) popped in - Hey Dad - Haven't seen them for a few weeks, they live with Mum at Woodford. Divorced 15 years ago and she has remarried for about 12 years to a German immigrant - top guy actually. They have taken charge of a retired airport drug doggie "Molly" and were taking her for a run on the dog beach on the Island and dropped in on their way home.

Mum and husband were hanging out the front at the car but we all went out for a chat including my SWMBO who gets on well with them and loves my boys to bits. After fussing the new dog, ended up in the brewery and sampled a couple of Munich Dunkels etc, guy reckons my pronunciation of Hallertau Mittelfruh is spot on :) Dog is a cracker and my hops were driving her wild :lol:
Great chat and we all went on our way.. I get on better with ex and can be myself with her far better than when I was married, and boys as well.

The point is that for any younger guys or girls on the forum, if you are going through a separation and think it's your life over, don't despair. Quite often (not always of course) it will work out with time and at the end of the day you can come out of the tunnel and place it all firmly behind you and can even gain new mutual respect and a continuing good relationship with the ex. Very important if there are kids in the mix.

images_1.jpg

Good shit man! :beer:

Bring'em to the swap.

Batz

Very important if there are kids in the mix.

your on the money there mate good on you for making it work, your boy's would love you for it :icon_cheers:

nothing worse than getting set for a wedding, grandchild, 21'st, xmas, just about any event etc etc etc
and having your divorced parents putting on a show cause they cant get their shit together for a few hours.....

luckily i had a the most functional dysfunctional divorced family & parents going

sadly some of my mates don't ...... PITA

Hey Bribie how much do they want for the dog?

Passing through Wellington NZ airport recently the wee dogs were all over my backpack. It's the one I take to work with lunches etc and had emptied it out to use for hand luggage. Explained this and said that my lunches were almost invariably curry. "Yup, that'll set them off every time " :lol:

Great words of advice Bribie, have seen this on the good side a few times too.

You're right on the money there

Glad it's all worked out for the best for you & your family Bribie. Shame my parents arent that mature, even after 20 bloody years since their divorce. :rolleyes:

With a title " The Ex Came Round Today" I though this was going to be a hard core sex story :icon_chickcheers: :lol: :lol:

QldKev

Passing through Wellington NZ airport recently the wee dogs were all over my backpack. It's the one I take to work with lunches etc and had emptied it out to use for hand luggage. Explained this and said that my lunches were almost invariably curry. "Yup, that'll set them off every time " :lol:

I had the same thing in Christchurch, they could smell where an apple had been, that's what I told them anyway. :icon_cheers:

Batz

You make an excellent point Bribie. I'm going through exactly this senario right now.

I'm a suffer of depression and often get down and grumpy, have mood swings ect... I came home from work one day in August to have my wife ask me to leave. I have two children 2.5 and 4 (both beautiful girls). That hit me for six! Sent me into a new low... Anger, depression, suicidal thoughts and attempts ect.. Off to the phyc and back on medication I went :blink: Sux the big one! So hearing some good advice from a fellow brewer that things do get better with time means a lot to someone like me.

Cheers. James.

Back