The Brauduino (Matho’s Controller) Buy thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neo, I'm looking into it. Probably. The problem is becoming shoe horning all the sockets in.

An alarm that wifi's to a phone app would be awesome!.......I just like gadget-ey stuff =)

lael said:
Neo, I'm looking into it. Probably. The problem is becoming shoe horning all the sockets in.
I know and feel that sorta pain.

20140718_1936331.jpg
this is the control box , easy 1 RJ45 socket (it temporarily has the temp probe in place)
20140718_1936471.jpg
This is the high voltage box it has 3 IEC sockets, 1 RJ45, 2 cable glands and a 3 pin rca.

I really wanted those glands to be sockets but it was just getting way too tight.

MB

nice work! Get the gear back from fab yet?

good to hear, i am currently building the kit you send me lael, I want to run a 3600w element, so i ordered some plugs from rs components that are 20amp.
At least that way i know im all safe.

Don't go there, a I'm doing my best to hold my tongue, and be patient, but that I think will last till next friday. After that I may need to be bailed.

Lol, yeah, try to run 15A through 10A sockets... They would melt and disaster would quickly follow...

Neo__04 said:
good to hear, i am currently building the kit you send me lael, I want to run a 3600w element, so i ordered some plugs from rs components that are 20amp.
At least that way i know im all safe.
I need 20amp to, I have a 4000w element...

well whatever you guys are planning, allow for us high amperage ppl!

crazyhorse said:
1. Lael x2
2. natdene
3. shaodw
4. gap
5. kingy
6. barneey
7. ArnieW
8. Putrino
9. Mitch_76
10. tateg
11. LiquidCurrency
12. rafinus
13. crazyhorse
14. marksy x 2
15. JB
16. Neo__04
17.Masters Brewery
18. Cervantes
Sorry, just re-read the whole thread and realised that this is way beyond my electronics capabilities.

Good luck to those who have the required skills though. It looks like a great project.

The new one won't need soldering. Just wiring.

Add me on for two please lael. Consider me a collector.
Edit:confession: working on a few things. Sous vide smoker and cheese and yoghurt maker amongst them.

djar007 said:
Add me on for two please lael. Consider me a collector.
Edit:confession: working on a few things. Sous vide smoker and cheese and yoghurt maker amongst them.
They are worth collecting :)

I was talking with the guy from romar about an element for smoking - want to install an electric around the bottom of my aldi smoker and control it with one of my brauduinos. Did 24 Sous Vide ribs last night in the Brau. Had them for dinner tonight. Everyone loved them! Put it in manual mode for the whole time with pump running. Didn't skip a beat.

Any ideas why mine reads 60 instead of 06 and 30 instead on 03 etc?
All the single digit numbers seem to come before the zeros instead of after.

NealK said:
Any ideas why mine reads 60 instead of 06 and 30 instead on 03 etc?
All the single digit numbers seem to come before the zeros instead of after.
Mine was doing exactly that too. I ran into problems when I went to reload the program, but I'm sure you will have more luck than me.

lael said:
No idea. Wipe the eeprom and reflash it.
Is there a wiki somewhere with instructions for doing this?

I have loaded the software on my laptop and can see the arduino but have no idea whta to do next. Is the eeprom generic or does it have a specific brauduino file? Sorry if that is a silly question but the last time I did anything like this was on my zx81 when I was 11.

Guys I've noticed a few are having problems loading/flashing code to the controller which had me thinking of doing a video of doing exactly that. Unfortunately I only have windows 7 so people on other platforms would have to interpret from there. If people think this would be helpful let me know and I'll try and get something up tomorrow. (have been allocated tasks to complete before bed)

MB

I think that would be fantastic. I think I have my head around it while trying to sort out my other problems, but I'm sure lots would find it usefull. I'm sure all the info is somewhere here already, it's just hard to search for with so many threads and posts dedicated to this subject

Back