The Best Way To Label Your Bottles!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i found that if you peel the labels off before the bottles are wet they came off clean.
+1

...and if you do leave some adhesive behind then use the same type of sticker to 'dab' the glue with the sticky side...... lifts the glue right off.

+1

...and if you do leave some adhesive behind then use the same type of sticker to 'dab' the glue with the sticky side...... lifts the glue right off.

Isn't the roll that those labellers use very expensive?

I think that these were the ones mentioned earlier. It sounds like a nice price ~$23 for about 9600 stickers. Glossy (laser only) is about $10 more or so.

+ You can make them any colour
+ Not too much ink/toner per label
+ A sticker on the cap means no peeling necessary when washing
+ You can use those (insert crap brand here) caps and stick right over their branding/images/whatever.
+ when you have them in a crate/pack you can see each bottle from the top

I found anything adhesive was pretty permanent with PET bottles.

Cheap adhesive labels from woolies do the job, or a code on the cap written with a sharpie pen

I'm trying to be bothered to make labels for all my beers, but I've been a bit lazy lately.

The round labels come off easy

I put them on grolsh bottles

3 letter acronym

I have been reusing Old XXXX bottles and budweiser bottles with red caps. I just use a permanent marker and write on the top which brew is which.

+1 for writing a code on the bottle cap with a marker.

Thinking of making up a couple of stickers/labels for some mixed 6'ers for xmas presents though.

Sponge

+1 for writing a code on the bottle cap with a marker.

Thinking of making up a couple of stickers/labels for some mixed 6'ers for xmas presents though.

Sponge

+1 I don't see point of going to the trouble of making up your labels when it is for your own personal consumption, but I suppose as a present for someone would be a great idea. :party:

I have been out of the brewing game for a few years now but i came across a solution to the pain and agony of trying to label your brews in bottles. First off the biggest pain is getting labels on and off, then the shear effort involved in doing so. I know i use to just write on the cap. BUT the solution is here......

BLACKBOARD PAINT!!!!!!!

Just remove all old labels, mask up the area you want and spray away!

You will then be able to change your labels with the a quick wipe (coke also works) then rewrite the new label!!!

Im sorry if this topic has already been posted but i think it was a great idea and well suited to the home brewing game.

Hope this helps anyone out there and happy brewing!

Newsagency sourced self-adhesive round labels. Four hundred for $6.50.

IMG_0035.JPG

Latest posts

Back