Tasty Low Alcohol Beers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rod said:
I was looking for a can of bitter , but happy to use the light liquid malt extract

however I tend to substitute 80% of the liquid malt extract bill with dry malt extract , which I buy in bulk

I make stove top brews mainly
Fermentable wise that will be fine but you'll want a couple of IBUs from the kit, coopers draught or something will do.

worth a try

like my beer to have a good hop level

with the

German Northern Brewer 8.0 % 19 g 24.0 Loose Pellet Hops 60 Min From End
US Cluster 7.5 % 25 g 0.0 Loose Pellet Hops Dry-Hopped

and a lower alcohol level should be OK

I'm a novice brewer but below is an example of a low alcohol commercial beer that my Dad, (former professional brewer) found the most interesting beer at a craft beer night we went to at The Oak Barrel in Sydney. We were both a bit dubious before we tried it. Hard to replicate the aging in Chardonnay barrels but the Berlinner Weisse style, (with or without watermelon) might be an interesting style for people trying to make low alcohol beer. It's unusually sour & refreshing - especially good for hot weather & might get fellow beer enthusiasts talking.

Once I have a few more notches on my belt with more standard styles/processes, I intend on giving it a go.

If anyone brews one, be sure to let us know how it goes.

http://feralbrewing.com.au/secure/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/WATERMELON_DECAL_BOTTLE.jpg

Berliner Weiise is hugely popular on this forum, there are many threads. I haven't made one yet but plan to soon.

Latest posts

Back