Tasmanian Entries To Qualify For Aabc?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itmechanic

Reaction score
What comps can i enter if I want to have a chance at qualifying for AABC 2011?

Actually, what competitions in general am I eligible to enter?

Cheers,
Paul

Pretty certain Tassies were required to send their entries to the ACT comp. Previously it was VicBrew but the numbers were too many.

As for other comps you can send to any that you want that isn't an AABC qualifier.

I would have thought that in the absence of a Tas state comp, then VicBrew would be the next option, but their rules are Vic residents only.
Sounds like a real equal opportunities issue here, what do others think?

Brenos beat me to it.

This has nothing to do with your original post but did you enter the comp held during beer fest. I was talking to Amanda down in the brew shop in Hobart on the weekend. She was telling me they had 70 entries.
I too would like to enter in any comps just to get some proper feedback on my beers. Im sure all my mates are a little bias as they feel guilty for drinking my beer for free.

Cheers Stu

This has nothing to do with your original post but did you enter the comp held during beer fest. I was talking to Amanda down in the brew shop in Hobart on the weekend. She was telling me they had 70 entries.
I too would like to enter in any comps just to get some proper feedback on my beers. Im sure all my mates are a little bias as they feel guilty for drinking my beer for free.

Cheers Stu

I did enter the Tas Beerfest comp last year and was lucky enough to take out the Light Ale and Dark Ale catagories aswell as overall first place. I did find that the feedback was lacking from the judges though, only one or two lines, things like "nice beer, tastes nice". Doesnt really help improve your brewing at all!

Cheers,
Paul

Congratulations where in Launceston are you situated I am planning on doing my first all grain BIAB this weekend.

Cheers Stu

Send your beer to a friend in a state who can send it in.

Fixed it for you.

Send your beer to a friend in a state who can send it in.

Fixed it for you.

You must have trustworthier friends than I ...... my friends would drink it and then say the judges thought it was shit .....
Cheers
BBB

The Tasmanian club hasnt progressed any further, I will look into it more when work calms down a bit.

Ive contacted the ACT club, hopefully they will take my entries.

They are hoping to get Willie Simpson this year as a judge.
If they manage that you should hopefully recieve some more detailed feedback.

Also Amanda was saying they needed more judges than what they had last year.
I got the impression they were a bit under prepared but have learnt from it so the over the next couple of years or so the comp. should get better.

Cheers ]
Brad

I did enter the Tas Beerfest comp last year and was lucky enough to take out the Light Ale and Dark Ale catagories aswell as overall first place. I did find that the feedback was lacking from the judges though, only one or two lines, things like "nice beer, tastes nice". Doesnt really help improve your brewing at all!

Cheers,
Paul

Actually, what competitions in general am I eligible to enter?

Cheers,
Paul

hey ITMech, I've been entering the ANAWBS, they have free collection points for all states bar Tas due to few entries from this state. Although I've been offered free entry to compensate. Judges notes are fairly comprehensive too.

Cheers,
Paul

Paul,

If Tasmania does not set up its on quallifier, then one of the other States will be putting up it's hand to judge them for you.
It's usually Victoria or Canberra, so keep your eyes & ears open. It will be anouncwed on AHB, as well as the official website www.aabc.org

Cheers Ross

Paul,

If Tasmania does not set up its on quallifier, then one of the other States will be putting up it's hand to judge them for you.
It's usually Victoria or Canberra, so keep your eyes & ears open. It will be anouncwed on AHB, as well as the official website www.aabc.org

Cheers Ross

Thats great, thanks.

Latest posts

Back