Tasmanian Entries For The 2010 Aabc

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlie

Reaction score
Hi,

To help foster a greater inclusion of Australia wide entries into this years Australian Amatuer Brewing Championships, the AABA has asked the ACT if they will provide 'judging services' for Tasmanian brewers wishing to enter. It was a toss up between the ACT or VIC but with the increasing numbers in the VICBrew, it was felt that perhaps the ACT had the better capacity to judge the extra beers. I guess the down side is that beers will have to posted to the ACT ...

Basically how it will work is the Tasmanian entries will be judged along side the ACT ones, and two results tables will be produced - an ACT one and a Tassie one. Same AABC rules will apply, first three places in each category will be eligible to progress through to the final AABC judging held in Melbourne. Check out the AABA website www.aabc.org.au for styles, categories and full list of the rules ...

No dates have been set yet, but it will probably be 3 or 4 weeks before the AABC - I'll keep the forum posted.

I was asked to see to get an inidication if there was going to be much interest from Tassie brewers to give the ACT organisers an idea of how many extra beers to expect .... so don't be shy now !

Hey Charlie, Good to see tassie brewers starting to get a mension, I'll certainly be putting in 3-4 entries. Are you going to be offering a collection point in tassie. Give the cost sending entries from tassie this is likly to limit the number of brewers entering from down here. At any rate looking out for the styles list for this year.

Smashin

Hi,

To help foster a greater inclusion of Australia wide entries into this years Australian Amatuer Brewing Championships, the AABA has asked the ACT if they will provide 'judging services' for Tasmanian brewers wishing to enter. It was a toss up between the ACT or VIC but with the increasing numbers in the VICBrew, it was felt that perhaps the ACT had the better capacity to judge the extra beers. I guess the down side is that beers will have to posted to the ACT ...

Basically how it will work is the Tasmanian entries will be judged along side the ACT ones, and two results tables will be produced - an ACT one and a Tassie one. Same AABC rules will apply, first three places in each category will be eligible to progress through to the final AABC judging held in Melbourne. Check out the AABA website www.aabc.org.au for styles, categories and full list of the rules ...

No dates have been set yet, but it will probably be 3 or 4 weeks before the AABC - I'll keep the forum posted.

I was asked to see to get an inidication if there was going to be much interest from Tassie brewers to give the ACT organisers an idea of how many extra beers to expect .... so don't be shy now !

Thanks for thinking of us down here, I appreciate it.

I'll try to get a beer or two in so will have to try and keep an eye out for dates so I can brew accordingly. Cheers.

i might have a crack aswell...probly way out on my depth but it would be damn interesting anyway.

This is great, i will put 3 or 4 entries in for sure. :)

Cheers
Itmechanic

Fantastic, I was wanting to start entering comps to get some feedback, Now I know how.

Thanks.

Excellent, I will probably enter a beer or two as well.
Cheers
Chris

Yeah I could be interested in that. Never entered a comp before, but sounds like fun.

Giz

We Tasmanians know the real reason why our brews have only just been accepted into these comps.

OK Taswegians,

The Canberra Brewers have completed their last club comp, so we are now in the lead up to the ACT Amatuer Brewing Champs (held the last weekend in September) - where they will be also judging any Tassie entries for the AABC at the end of October at the ANHC.

Unfortunatley the online entry system is for Canberra Brewers Forum members only, so I'll coordinate the entries for Tasmania.

In order to be able to organise all the entries, the ACT ABC comp sec has asked to have all the entries submitted by next Saturday the 11th and to have the physical entries by the following Friday the 17th. Entries are $5 each and need to be minimum of 500ml.

Any one wishing to enter please either PM or email me with the following details for each entry:

Name (brewers)
Address
Style (see the AABC website for the styles www.aabc.org.au)

For sending the beer, its probably best to send it to:

Brew Your Own At Home
Shop 2 Primmer Court
Kambah Village
Canberra
ACT 2902

I apologise for the really short notice, but this has snuck up on me a bit ... sorry

Latest posts

Back