• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Tap To Sell Or Trade

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkeysers

Reaction score
First of all I'm pretty new to this home brew stuff, particularly the taps and kegging side of things, so excuse my ignorance. Here goes...

I received a while back a keg setup as a gift. I have 2 taps. The one in this picture came from a pub and was a present with my kegging setup. It looks as if it would snap on to a beer font or something. I haven't used it at all. It looks fairly well used, but I'm told that it works perfectly well. It's a Downey according to whats written on it.
IMGP3458.JPG

The one below is a door fiiting tap. This was part of the present. This is the one I want so I need another one. I'd like to have 2 of the same taps so they match and look good in the bar. Anyway, I'm not really sure how much either of these things are worth (so if anyone can help out by letting me know, that would be great! Saves me getting ripped off, haha).
IMGP3461.JPG

So if anyone has a door fitting tap the same as this that they would like to trade it (possibly with some cash involved too, to make up the difference in value) for the one seen in the 1st picture, please let me know. If not, feel free to make me an offer on the font tap and I will use the money to put towards buying a new door tap (once I find out where to get one, can anyone help there?).

Also, as an aside, I've been reading on the forums that a good beer line size and length is 4mm X about 3m long. The line that came with the door tap was 6mm X 1.8m long. So I went and bought two 3m lengths of 4mm line. My question, how do I go about getting the 4mm line to suit my door tap? Below is a pic of the 6mm. Even if I get the little steel piece to put inside the 4mm line, how the hell will the 4mm fill that space so it doesn't leak?
IMGP3463.JPG

Cheers!

i've got 3 of the second taps. one i got with my kit, one i bought off ebat for $80, one i got off someone on here for $20 i think... they are great taps. I use 4mm line (i think) and it has no probs sealing. You can also get john guest quick disconnect fittings that screw onto the back of the tap so you can remove your line easy. don't get tricked though, the size you want is 3/8", not 5/8" like it measures....

Hey fixa,
I found out the same thing with john G fittings the other day the 3/8 fitting fits my 5/8 threaded shank. WHats the go with that?

hockers

Hey fixa,
I found out the same thing with john G fittings the other day the 3/8 fitting fits my 5/8 threaded shank. WHats the go with that?

hockers

I dunno mate. i got tricked by it.
fortunately i have a understanding supplier!

I have one of the first taps as well, so if anyone wants a matching pair I'll swap or sell as well. but only if you buy the originally advertised tap first (don't want to step on anyone's toes).

fixa, dont suppose you wanna sell one of those taps?? haha.

the guy at my brew shop only sells the pull taps. he said they are cheaper and that i should sell my flick tap and buy 2 pull taps. but i like the flick style. makes it feel like my local.

anyway, 5 days and still no offers on the font tap, let alone offers to trade for a flick style tap. looks like i might be putting it on ebay soon...

Coodgee, perhaps between the 2 of us someone might be interested. I mean, 2 taps are better than one. haha. I appreciate the sentiment of not advertising it against mine though. My toes thank you.

Latest posts

Back