Taking the FUN out of Homebrewing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Already posted and the guys are members here. I thought they seemed like decent folk. And I also thought the fun in homebrew was the drinking.

Dont get me wrong the drinking part is fun but for me the process of making it should be fun too, otherwise you wouldn't enjoy doing it :)

If I could afford one I would buy one, as in the video one of the head brewers says its great for creating recipes with as you can just set and forget :)

I agree. Half the fun is the process. Love the smell of a mash at five in the morning in the middle of winter. Saw an episode of brewer TV where they added a shot of vodka to a glass of warm wort in the winter. Tried it. Love it.

Will have to give that one a go one .day. Just got to get past this semester and I will be brewing every week. Built a new ag system, just finished my brew controller and cant use it all as Im too busy with work and uni. Arrghh. Hurry up middle of november :)

i think that system looks amazing. only 2.5 galons though so you would have to buy more mini kegs to do larger batches but for people with limited time, why not?

I think you will find there are different people on here.

Some want to make beer as cheaply and as easily as they can, and generally will stay kits.
Some like to brew, and will have All Grain systems.
Some like to build shit, in my case I'm always tweaking the brewery just for the hobby.
Some like electronics, and are always looking at ways to make electronic stuff to make life easier.
Then mixed in the builders and electronics crowd, some like manual hands on experience and other will automate as much as they can.

I think an automated system is great if you don't like the hands on time brewing.

But even with the picobrew you still need to get your grain ready and mill it, measure out your hops. Then setup the machine with water, and the ingredients. Setup the program for the style. Brew. Then clean it all up. How much easier is that than something like my 1V, or a Brau-clone?

Back