Sydney/inner West Brew Club ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agro

Reaction score
Hi all,

Any HB clubs in Sydney, specifically the Inner West ?

Cheers
Jason.

there don't seem to be any catering for inner westies...
i'm in leichhardt and would be into one if there was one.
there's plenty of old italians making dodgy wine round here but i dunno bout brewers.

An in-formal gathering at The Nags Head in Glebe on the 1st Friday of the month could be a start. They do hand pumped ales & lots of beer talk takes place
James

Jim_Levet said:
An in-formal gathering at The Nags Head in Glebe on the 1st Friday of the month could be a start. They do hand pumped ales & lots of beer talk takes place
James
[post="98008"][/post]​

that's a good thought... i heard that was winding up?

there don't seem to be any catering for inner westies...i'm in leichhardt and would be into one if there was one

Ditto. I'd be in. Anybody else for an Inner West Brew Club?

that's a good thought... i heard that was winding up?
[post="98010"][/post]​
[/quote]
The Nag's won't be on until the 1st fri in Feb. It's a pretty good night with plenty of enthusiastic beer people. The beers are not traditional hand-pumped ales, sometimes there are Pilsners & Lagers, but they always sell out!
The hand-pumped ales at The Riverview in Balmain are gone!
Cheers
Gerard

Yeah I'd be interested in something in the inner west ...

Highly recommend the Nags Head night only been to two nights, but it was well worth it, if only for the conversations amongst the hand pumped brews.

We seem to have enough people interested to have an informal gathering of our own. If we schedule a get together for sydney based AHB brewers,

* in the inner west
* in the new year (late jan)

would peolpe be interested. Effectively a meet and greet, chat etc.

Cheers
Agro.

A good idea I reckon

Might keep people off the beach at Cronulla

Ahhhh brewing ................. is there nothing it can't solve!

Cheers

Great. :super:

I'm in. Any suggestions for where?

Late Jan sounds about right to me.

We seem to have enough people interested to have an informal gathering of our own. If we schedule a get together for sydney based AHB brewers,

* in the inner west
* in the new year (late jan)

would peolpe be interested. Effectively a meet and greet, chat etc.

Cheers
Agro.

im in drummoyne and am interested but only in the new year

im interested in jan sometime. whats a reasonable pub between strathfield & glebe ? pub transport appreciated :)

Guys,

The North West brewers are looking at a family BBQ at the Cumberland Forest ( near Castle Hill) for the second weekend in January. We are also combining with the MALE guys in a Cobbers Case for mid February. If you are interested in coming along, PM me and I will keep you in the loop.

PS there were a number of brewers from the inner city came to the Australian Beer Festival so I think the numbers would be there.

Cheers

Chris

I'm at Croydon Park & would also be interested.

What about somewhere like the London in Balmain?

Crozdog

Yep Balmain is good from the point of view that if one pub is not good for one reason or another (packed with a bunch of tossers or something) there are plenty of others withing walking distance.

For public transport though would require a bus or ferry from the city (or other major public transport hub)

Balmain sounds good to me. I'll start a poll this week to see how many people/when we should have the gathering.

Cheers
J.

agro,

i'm going away today & will be away from a computer till about the 9th of jan. Put me down for the gathering, I,m not too fussed on any particular location as the innerwest is close to most places. (My wife says we're 30 minutes to most of Sydney).

Cheers

Crozdog

Back