Super Alpha

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foxy

Reaction score
I've read the forums regarding info on all the common hops, but i've seen this one at the HBS and the all the sheila behind the counter could tell me was that its good for adding bitterness. could someone please elaborate on how to use, and where (style) to use this hop? what characteristics does it have?

Nice clean bittering hop. Not often used as a late hop, but if done in smallish quantities I think its not bad...

TD is bang on, it's a very clean bittering hop. I've used it for aroma a couple of times, not unpleasant but nothing special.

I used it for finishing once a few years back it was quite pleasant really, thats all I can remember.

BB&BB
Jayse

EDIT> I just noticed we have another dio fan in here, quoting DF's sig 'Don't smell the hop flower, 'cos there an evil drug, to make you loose your mind.'

Maybe the ones I had were very fresh, but I got a piney, resiny character that wasnt unpleasant from them.

i used it to bitter a pils in the 2005 x mas case i not to bad to bitter with

Back