Summer Brewing?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redunderthebed

Reaction score
My mum was talking to her aunty and for some reason mentioned that i homebrewed (her husband is a fellow home brewer i think) and she said that he stopped homebrewing around October.I can't refrigerate my homebrew whilst its fermenting and in summer the heat in the shed will just destroy my homebrew completely. So i was thinking during when i can I'll stockpile my beer so i can have a summer/Christmas/NYE supply by buying another fermenter and buying more bottles for it and just stashing it away until its needed.

So what are the best beers that will stand up to being stashed away for long periods of time and is there any alternatives to storing your fermenter in the fridge when it gets real hot?

Cheers
Adam

have you ever had a saison.if you haveno temp controlover summer this is the style for you. they not only cope with warm weather but really need to go 30+ degrees to finish out dry enough. other than that there are easy ways to keep temps down such as water baths ,frozen coke bottles and such that may help.

is there any alternatives to storing your fermenter in the fridge when it gets real hot?

Before getting a fermentation fridge I used to put it in the laundry trough with one or 2 frozen 2 litre PETs next to it. Just switch them with others in the freezer once they melt. A damp bath towel over the whole setup helps. You can even fill the trough with some water. Will work a treat.

have you ever had a saison.if you haveno temp controlover summer this is the style for you. they not only cope with warm weather but really need to go 30+ degrees to finish out dry enough. other than that there are easy ways to keep temps down such as water baths ,frozen coke bottles and such that may help.

+1 Why go to too much effort when Saisons are perfect for making and drinking in the summer heat.

Have a read of this...
http://www.bjcp.org/2008styles/style16.php#1c

Latest posts

Back