stuck gas dissconect on gas post!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbo2234

Reaction score
Hi all,

just tried to remove a empty keg from my system, beer side came off easy.
this freaking gas side is stuck its doing my head in. If I remember correctly I had a little trouble putting it on, but nothing like this.

any one got some tips on how to remove a stubborn ball disconnect?

Get tough with it. Some of them can be pretty tight. But twist and pull the ring up and pull the lot up and they will come. Doesnt hurt to swear at it a bit either.

I had a similar problem where I put the gas on the beer post (actually ended up with two gas line connected to the same keg. Don't ask). The solution (provided by a kind soul on this site) was to get an adjustable spanner, put it under the disconnect and use it to level the thing off. Worked a treat and didn't damage anything.

acarey said:
I had a similar problem where I put the gas on the beer post (actually ended up with two gas line connected to the same keg. Don't ask). The solution (provided by a kind soul on this site) was to get an adjustable spanner, put it under the disconnect and use it to level the thing off. Worked a treat and didn't damage anything.
this sounds like a good method... me I'd most likely use a BFH and have a million bits of gas disconnect to clean up :D

Do you have keg lube? For future use, a smear of lube on the posts before connecting avoids stuck disconnects.

acarey said:

What a good idea!!!
to the shed tomorrow!

acarey said:
Wasn't an adjustable spanner. It was an open ended spanner just wider than the post. Shifters could possibly work as well though. ;)

Cheers

Have you checked that it is a gas post on the keg? Gas posts have little knotches on the nut at the base.

Cheers

bradsbrew said:
Have you checked that it is a gas post on the keg? Gas posts have little knotches on the nut at the base.

Cheers
I am going to check that out tomorrow when i get this little fecker off!

Go the shifter, works a treat (from my newbie experience of putting the wrong fittings on the wrong posts). You can adjust it to just the right size to sit under the QD. Pull the release ring up on the QD and lever it off with the shifter.

Back