Stubbies

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Borret said:
Trouble is they normally hold more expensive beer in the first place which makes them harder to come by. :angry:

Borret :blink:
[post="64769"][/post]​

Harder to come by but easier to drain the contents. Hansa, Kozel, Zlatopramen et al are under 3 bucks a bottle. :rolleyes:

Warren -

warrenlw63 said:
Borret said:
Trouble is they normally hold more expensive beer in the first place which makes them harder to come by.

[post="64769"][/post]​

Harder to come by but easier to drain the contents. Hansa, Kozel, Zlatopramen et al are under 3 bucks a bottle. :rolleyes:

Warren -
[post="64772"][/post]​
Unless of course you have a german mate who buys schnieder wiesse by the case :super:

Borret said:
Unless of course you have a german mate who buys schnieder wiesse by the case :super:

[post="64774"][/post]​

Not necessarily a bad thing. B)

Warren -

stubbies are the way to go. they are the right size fo pouring, they fit in the fridge well and still relatively ezy to find.

but i would never use plastic, glass only

:super:

mazey said:
stubbies are the way to go. they are the right size fo pouring, they fit in the fridge well and still relatively ezy to find.

but i would never use plastic, glass only

:super:
[post="64783"][/post]​
I have a dozen James Squire amber ale bottles 30 Grolsch swing tops and 30 PET bottles that came with my kit, they are in constant rotation. Tomorrow night I will be drinking the last 6 of the last brew and bottling saturday, brewing a stout sunday...The battle goes on. :eek: :party:

I think the perfect beer bottles are the Guiness Draft bottles. The curvy ones (very chic) with plastic coating.

Remove plastic, get some pliers and remove the plastic agitator thingy. You have the perfect homebrew bottle... clear, brown, crown seal, and attractive.

Just to confuse things further, a 750ml bottle is called a king brown in WA.

Back on topic...lately I have gone to glass bottles from plastic, and I really notice a difference in the beers, mainly in hop flavour. In plastic is seems to be all gone in 6 to 8 weeks, where in glass the flavours last much better.

Now all I need is a keg setup...

Clear or green glass is fine, if you keep it out of the light. I store my beers in lidded plastic tubs, and haven't had a noticeable skunking problem in the non-brown bottles. I usually use a couple different sizes in a batch, but try to use the same bottles, eg half the batch in longnecks, and the other half all of the same type of stubby. Longnecks (and grolsch magnums!) do make things quicker and easier, but it's also nice to have stubbies for several reasons: Is it ready to drink yet, here try one of my beers, I don't want to lose my licence, etc.

Hi Bretto,
I usually bottle a 23ltr batch into 15 long necks and 30 stubbies the only hassle is more bottles means more capping which means more time, that is why I am going into kegging. I can put most of a brew into a keg and have a few litres left to bottle.

Cheers
Brad T :beerbang:

barfridge said:

[post="64821"][/post]​

Great! More confusing nomenclature. Sandpeople bottle their beer in turds! :lol: :lol:

:wacko: Warren -

warrenlw63 said:
barfridge said:

[post="64821"][/post]​

Great! More confusing nomenclature. Sandpeople bottle their beer in turds!

:wacko: Warren -
[post="64841"][/post]​

It's only a king if it's not twisted.

If it's a twisted brown you may need this :huh:

k1

055.gif

Hey Borret, you shouldn't admit to finding sites like that :lol: :lol:

Wrong, very wrong...

Shawn.

Hey,

I noticed they've got a shamrock template. Very handy for St. Paddy's. Green beer insert, you get the rest. :lol:

Warren -

Gough said:
Hey Borret, you shouldn't admit to finding sites like that :lol: :lol:

Wrong, very wrong...

Shawn.
[post="64858"][/post]​

Na ,really its just one of the usual things that turn up in emails at work..
However you could use it as a preparation for this

Perhaps weve stumbled on a new bottle cleaning technique here.

Does anyone actually WORK at work????
:( :(
Way too much time.
:lol: :lol:

Back