Stricklebracht & Hallertau Recipe Suggestions?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brenjak

Reaction score
The first AG is two weeks away (would be this weekend but work calls me away). I plan to do a simple stout or irish red for the first so there is limited time in the fermenting fridge. The second i would like a lager/pilsner. In the freezer i have 100gm of Stricklebracht 12.2% and 80gm of Hallertau 5.7% AA. Any suggestions on a recipe would be appreciated.

The first AG is two weeks away (would be this weekend but work calls me away). I plan to do a simple stout or irish red for the first so there is limited time in the fermenting fridge. The second i would like a lager/pilsner. In the freezer i have 100gm of Stricklebracht 12.2% and 80gm of Hallertau 5.7% AA. Any suggestions on a recipe would be appreciated.

Correct my spelling: Sticklebract. Alos have about 60gm of B Saaz 6.7% AA

Be bold ... make up your own recipe. The limiting factor here will most likely not be your ingredients. Embrace this.

A billion bad beers of collective knowledge will not hurdle your fences. You must meet them on your own initially.

Gday Bier..

How did the Sticklebract turn out ?

I'm about to use them for the 1st time and I'm very interested in any feedback you (or anyone else) has on these hops.

Cheers
Dave

I would have said any of those hops would have worked, My preferance would be to using the stricklebracht as the bittering hop, just depends what IBU you want.
I made a brew3 weeks ago using 14g of stricklebracht as the bittering and then hallertau for the rest coming up for tasting soon ....it's sitting in the bottles 7%, christmas beer this one, should have people fall over.

Latest posts

Back